Pro-Eagle weight distributing hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carjocky said:
This is a low cost hitch. $190 Can anyone tell me if it works ok. It looks like the same design as all the others.

http://www.rvadenver.com/new_page_8.htm

Thanks

Well, hitch systems tend to last forever.  My Reese Dual Cam is about 15 years old and has been on three trailers.
Two thoughts occurr. 

One that the units have only 1000# rated bars.  That maybe too heavy for a light trailer.  What is your trailer's tongue weight.  Your spring bars should be equal to that to about 200# over with a soft tow vehicle suspension.  If the weight is too low, you will have some issues with trailer frame construction and yaw control.

Secondly, I see no provision for sway control.  You are going to have to add that in -- probably with a pair of friction bars.

My trailer is a 30ft. I beleive the loaded tongue weight to be around 750#. The trailer dry weight is about 4450#. I am also figureing using a fricton sway control of course.

carjocky said:
My trailer is a 30ft. I beleive the loaded tongue weight to be around 750#. The trailer dry weight is about 4450#. I am also figureing using a fricton sway control of course.

That is a really light 30-footer!  Are you sure?  If you are going to use a friction device, be sure that the ball mount of the system has provision for that -- sockets for one or two small balls either side of the main ball.

Back
Top Bottom