West Coast "Coastal Cruisin"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought you were supposed to post the pics

I took them and sent them to Marsha, and she's hopefully going to pick which ones she likes and post them.

Betty Brewer said:
Marsha,

Thank you for the compliments but  I'm not the Queen of anything. 

Oh, yes you are! :D  Queen of lasting friendships.  Queen of organizing activities we never would have agreed in which to participate, but still had a roaring good time joining in anyway.  Queen of showing up to "camp" with us in your "camping clothes", then one time making a last minute trip to join us in your "principal of the school going to a meeting clothes" -- absolutely looking awesome and taking our collective breath away.  :D  Queen of making any gathering you're participating in an event.  Remember Y2K on the desert? 

I'm sorry ... you're my Queen, and I'm sticking to my royalty loyalty!  ;D 

Just joking with Betty, Marsha.  I'm really looking forward to your posts as you travel the West Coast.  :D

Margi

I plan to upload the pictures tonight....excuse for not doing so follows:

After Tom made such a gallant effort to get them to me promptly, I uploaded them to my computer and they were just the "thumbnails", so when I opened them they were a bit fuzzy.  I realized my mistake and just as I was uploading the regular pictures to my computer, "Tool Man" Tim says he needs to go to the hardware.  Now all you gals are very aware what means.  Oh Joy!  We had purchased those "Max Cover" vent cover thingies and Tim realized he had left his power drill at home.  Just a quick run to the hardware he says, I just need a couple of things.  I'll buy a cheap drill and get the job done.  Yea, right, like I've not heard this before.  So off we go with Charlie in tow. (Home Depot allows dogs inside, so it's a good dog training store)

Found Home Depot thanks to "Jill" the sweet Garman chick who gives us turn by turn instructions.  Get into Home Depot and guess what they have; those really nice great handy dandy 18 volt cordless drills that Tim has been lusting after for ever so long.  So, he says to me, shall we buy the cheap one and waste our money; or just go ahead and get the one I really want.  What's a gal to say....we came home with the big tool.... ;)

He gathers his wonderful new drill and other assorted items and climbs up on the roof; but then proceeds to ask if I'll stick around because he might need a few items from the tool stash he has in one of the bays.  So, after many hours of throwing-up, oh sorry, tossing up tools, electrical tape, connectors and what ever else he has forgotten, I didn't have time to download the pictures.  Have no fear, I will get right to it....photos on their way.

Margi, I fully agree......Betty, you are the Queen, don't try getting out of it!!

Marsha~

Well now actually Marsha wanted the new drill for projects at the new house.  Iwas quite happy with the old hand drill that is stashed in the motorhome.  After 6 hours on the roof and using every tool we could find in the motorhome the covers and fan were installed.  After getting off the roof, drinking three beers (it was hot) and a scothc (we ran out of beer) have to admit the new fan and covers look good.  Hopefully the cover on the rear fan doesn't interfere with the motosat..oh well anther day..tim

Photos...Photos...Photos.

Ok here we go, just hope I remember how to do this.

The jpgs are named so that should help.  Sara's husband's name is Ken.  We also visited fellow boater Lisa who lives on her gorgeous boat with her husband.  We took a stroll across the street to see Robert's house and view out his back. 

Tim, just how much scotch have you had?  :p

Marsha~

Attachments

• LisaBoatVisit.jpg
    LisaBoatVisit.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 58
Ok....so I forgot to click "attach".

Here we go again!

Attachments

• Boaters&RVers.jpg
    Boaters&RVers.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 56
  • CastingOffTimThumbsUp.jpg
    CastingOffTimThumbsUp.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DeltaBoat1.jpg
    DeltaBoat1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DeltaBoat2.jpg
    DeltaBoat2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 52
  • OrWoodBridge.jpg
    OrWoodBridge.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 55
  • TimChrisDeltaRide.jpg
    TimChrisDeltaRide.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 55
More.....

BTW, Tim tells me the bridge was built in 1870 something and it's hard to get parts for it.

I hope my "log, blog, journal" skills improve.  ;D

Marsha~

Attachments

• HostessChris.jpg
    HostessChris.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 56
  • KaraokeGalsYMCA.jpg
    KaraokeGalsYMCA.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 57
  • RobertMarshaTimAtRoberts.jpg
    RobertMarshaTimAtRoberts.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 61
  • TimMarshaKaraokeNot.jpg
    TimMarshaKaraokeNot.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 64
I'm impressed Marsha. Can't wait to see future reports and photos.

Great Job Marsha.  Looking forward to the next report.  Wasbn't that nice of Tim to go ahead and get the drill you really wanted. ;D

Marsha/CA said:
I hope my "log, blog, journal" skills improve.   

Marsha,

It does get easier and more automatic I  promise.  Keep 'em coming girlfriend!  Wish I could have been there for the singing! (and beer)

Betty

Wish I could have been there for the singing! (and beer)

Stop by on the way back to AZ. We'd love to see you folks.

Great pictures, great blog. Keep it up Marsha and Tim (see, I give him some credit, too, since he knew the date of the bridge).

How do the fan and covers look now that the beer-scotch buzz has worn off??

Wendy

Wendy..The buzz is gone and even tho it is a windy day, they are still on the roof, pointing the right direction and right side up.  I'm feeling better by the day..tim

Yesterday we went to see "Locke" and "Isleton".  These are old chinese towns where the workers lived who helped build the levies in and around the Delta, as well as, the railroads.  Locke was established in 1915 after a fire destroyed the chinese portion of Walnut Grove.  They then moved to Locke which is less than a mile north.  At one time there were 1500 inhabitants with several grocery stores, a theatre, bakery and a school.  Tom had warned us to not expect much; but it was interesting to walk around and see the architecure.  Many of the buildings from 1915 are still standing.  There are residental homes just behind the town.  The school was used up until the '60s but closed due to a lack of students.  Apparently we missed the local highlight which is "Al The Wops" place, a bar and grill.  It was the middle of the day when we were there with not much going on; at night it must be a jumping place.  Tom and Chris said we missed some good fun.  Next time!

Heading back toward Bethel Island, we stopped to visit Isleton, another small Chinese town.  This settlement seemed more social as some of the information talked about "Tongs", that have been in existance since 1850.  The "Tong" in Isleton was established in 1890 and provided social, religious and employment support.

That evening we had dinner with Tom, Chris and Robert at an Italian Restaurant in the town of Brentwood, nearby.  We had planned to eat at the marina here at Sugar Barge, but it was closed on Monday/Tuesday.  The Italian place was a great second choice.  Had a ball eating and laughing with a couple of bottles of wine; even got into some "light-hearted" political talk.  We will miss them when we leave here....thanks for making our visit great.

This morning we unhook and head to Napa.  We didn't throw a dart on the map to see where we are going next; oh no, my mistake, we are suppose to toss a coin and stick a pin in the map.  However, now that Tim has found out there is a model railroad exhibit in Napa and I love to wine taste that's our next stop.  (It was planned anyway, who am I kidding)

***The pictures show some of the building design.  The tall building with the colorful paintings on the bottom is most likely the "tong" hall.

See you all in Napa.

Marsha~

Attachments

• Locke1.JPG
    Locke1.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Locke2.JPG
    Locke2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Locke3.JPG
    Locke3.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 34
  • LockeSchool.JPG
    LockeSchool.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Tong.JPG
    Tong.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 41
  • TimRobertTomChrisMarsha.jpg
    TimRobertTomChrisMarsha.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 47
I think throwing a dart at a map would work well, too, for unstructured RVing ! Looks like you visited some neat areas. And why does no one ever post a picture of people at a restaurant where there's food on the table?

Looking forward to your next stop, especially the model railroad museum. We did the one in San Diego last winter and there's one at a campground in Farmington, New Mexico, should you pass that way.

Wendy

And why does no one ever post a picture of people at a restaurant where there's food on the table?

Are you kidding me? Let the food go cold while Marsha explains to the waiter how to use the camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom