Camping World / Moturis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buddy Tott

I read recently that Camping World is buying / has bought Moturis, an RV rental Co based in Europe - Switzerland, I think.  Interestingly, I was at an RV resort in Malibu when rental RVs flooded in each day, basically just for an overnighter.  I have never seen so many Class Cs in one place, other than at a show.  About 1/2 to 2/3 of all the rigs at the resort were obvious rental units and many, about 1/4 of those,  had the 'Moturis' logo.  Most of the RV renters and  occupants were European, mostly German or Italian.  Seems that with the dollar being so low against the Euro, a US RV vacation come out real cheap.    Camping World seems to know what they are doing with their venture into the RV rental market - especially one out of Europe.

The resort manager told me they would have been seriously in the 'red' if it were not for the foreign tourists this year and that they have been growing in number for the past two or three years.  OTH they were a serious PITA.  If they weren't  coming in after quiet hours and leaving at first light, they were just generally causing  disruptions well after midnight.  Methinks the resort was just happy to have the business and didn't enforce some basic rules of courtesy.  I also found on a couple of occasions, while checking in, the drivers (of the RV) were not well conversant in English and typically brought a translator with him/her for the formalities.  I seriously doubt any park rules were explained.

BT

Camping World is now part of the Freedom Roads RV group, which has 59 RV dealerships and 27 RV Collision Repair Centers as well as the 78 Camping World stores.  This past June Freedom Roads announced they were launching an RV Rental service in the US, so I guess that buying an established company is part of that strategy. 

Back
Top Bottom