new fulltime workamping position for couple - Payson AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I'm in an RV park that changed owners last week.  I think after the new owners here get a grip on the place, they will be looking for a couple to workamp here fulltime.  Payson's summer weather was fairly bearable, I thought.  It's about 3500 feet higher than the Phoenix Valley and maybe 15 degrees on average less hot.  At night, though, it's a good 30 degrees cooler.  Nights in Phoenix can stay above 100 for weeks.  Not here.

Winters seem to average in the 50s in the coldest months and 20s for nightly lows.  Record low was below zero, if I recall from weather.com.  I haven't been here for a winter yet.  They do have a bit of snow, but the road gets plowed for school buses.  The park is about a mile west of AZ 87 (Beeline) and 3 miles south down 87 from Payson. 

Payson is a nice little town.  Its retiree population exceeds 50% of the total population.  Big stores are Safeway, Basha's, Walmart, Ace Hardware, and Home Depot.  Fast food joints abound, as do some local restaurants.  Rodeo is a big event.  And an antique car show. 

I don't know when this position will become available, but thought I'd mention the possibility, if you're thinking about it.  This is not a snowbird job.  It's year round.

--pat

Took the job myself.  I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it, including helping people. 

--pat

Pat, whats the name of the cg? I will pass the word to a couple I know that will
be finishing their workkamp gig at the grand canyon soon and they are looking
for their next place. I can only pass the word along, thats all, have no idea if
they are looking for a year round or not.

As noted, I took the job myself.  Thus, it's no longer available.

--pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom