Any rallies in the Midwest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Tom but I rider was updated not too long ago.  Works for me and I am much happier and have more confidence it it than I do FF.  Again personal preferences.

Maybe split this browser war off as another thread?

Good idea Gary. Feel free to move any messages you feel are irrelevant.

Scotty's link opens a search results page and all the links on that page go to the correct web site.  Karl's link goes to the same, correct, web site.  This is all in Firefox 3.0.1.

iRider is based on IE, so it's subject to all the security vulnerabilities that IE is.

They both work for me. To get back on topic, it looks like a good location, but don't know if it's the one Scotty intended  ???

Yippee ! That link worked. Looks like a nice place, although I have a problem when campgrounds charge extra for dogs and $3 per night seems kind of high....unless they have an awesome dog area.

And, yes, I'm using IE. And, no, I don't want to change.

Wendy

Staying on topic, I'm not sure I understand why this or any other RV park charges $3/night extra for pets, but we often get asked. Maybe we should start a "pet unfriendly" list. We don't currently have any pets, but I still fail to see why we'd be charged extra (or even refused admission) if we did.

I don't mind paying extra for the hairy kid if I'm getting something for it like a great dog play area with swimming hole, poop bags, drinking water and treats. Or if I get to leave the poop for the campground to pick up. But I've never found a campground that charged for dogs that gave you anything extra for that charge. I think most of the ones who charge for pets just don't want pets there so they figure the extra $$ will chase away pet owners. JMO

I have a list of "pet friendly" campsites but hadn't thought about having another one for "pet unfriendly" sites. I guess I'll have to add one.

Wendy

For $3/night, the campground can pick up after the dogs.  It's a ridiculous policy unless, as Wendy says, they have a really good dog run.

I agree a charge for pets is not reasonable.  However, they may have had a problem with the very few that fail to clean up after their pets.

I can assure you that any campground that charges for pets is off of my list of places to stay and it doesn't matter what kind of pet area they have. The KOA we stayed at recently in Springfield, MO had a very nice pet area and they did not charge for pets. That was just another incentive for me to stay there as we picked up a new puppy while we were in Springfield. It sure was nice to be able to walk him and let him run with my grandkids. Of course we always pick up after our new"child" unless we are at home. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

Wendy, I like that comment about the "hairy kid". Our new addition is treated better than my real kids in some ways.

I'm a pretty frugal guy and really was not crazy about the pet charge either at Covert Park ... but for what the park offered in beach access, privacy, and scenery, it ended up being well worth it.  Maybe not the case with everyone.  I'd think it would really be a shame to miss out on a fabulous campground, if I had a personal "zero tolerance" policy of not visiting a place just for a few extra dollars.

Since this thread has pretty much ceased to be about planning a 2009 meet, and more about a single park's website and their pet charge, I will probably not put any more planning information here unless the conversation turns back that way.  When we get a little closer to next year's camping season, I'll revive the Midwest idea (if nobody else does first) and see what 2009 locations and availabilities are looking like.  We wouldn't be able to book anything until the first part of next year anyway.

Sorry we hijacked your thread Scotty. Personally, I thought it looked like a great campground at a reasonable price. I just wondered why they found it necessary to charge pet owners an extra $3 per night. And I would never completely eliminate a campground because it charged extra for the Hairy Kid but I would ask why. FWIW, we once stayed at a hotel that charged a "$25 cleaning fee" for a pet in the room. I asked what they did extra when someone had a pet in the room to warrant the extra $25. They replied that they let you have a pet. I asked if they washed extra blankets, bedspreads, cleaned the carpet, etc. The only answer I got from them was that for $25, they let you have a pet. I didn't have a problem paying the extra if they actually did something but I thought it was a bit much if they did nothing. And as someone highly allergic to cats, I would be seriously ticked if I was given a room where someone had a cat and the hotel did nothing extra when cleaning that room.

Dang, I think I'm still hijacking your thread. Sorry.

FWIW, I've added the link for Covert Park to my list for 2010 when we're out that way.

Wendy

We would love to attend a midwest rally and get to know some of you folks, but next year is our Alaska year, hopefully???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom