1984 20 RB Mallard fuse box location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjomac

I just recently purchased a 1984 Mallard Travel Trailer.  It is the 20RB model.  I have looked everywhere for a fuse box.  I have located the converter and the circuit panel but no fuse box.  It did not come with a manual that shows this information and I am hopeful someone can help me out and point me in the right direction?  I have looked in all the cabinets and outside in the storage compartment.  The light that is up front by the propane tanks is not getting current so I thought a fuse would solve the problem.

I am new to this and looking forward to learning all about my new travel trailer! 

Thanks,

Tammy

It could be most anywhere, unfortunately. Have you looked under the dinette seats and the space under the fridge? There are large spaces in both of those that sometimes contain electrical odds and ends.

Thanks, Gary.  I did look those places as well.  After talking with people I have decided maybe it doesn't even have a fuse box. Thanks for the response!

Tammy

I would be greatly surprised if the DC circuits are not fused - that would violate basic electrical safety procedures and expose the builder to liability in the case of fire.  But in these old trailers, the fuse block isn't much - maybe you are expecting something larger and more formal than what it is.  It's probably only a black plastic strip about 2" x 6" with a half dozen small glass cartridge fuses in it. The adjacent wiring could hide it. The wires from the battery will likely go to it, if you can trace those. So will the output wire from the converter/charger.

I would look under the master bed frame. You are going to have some type of fuss panel and breaker panel in the trailer. All 12volts circuits are protected by a fuss and the A/C and inside and outside receptacles are protected by a breaker. In your power converter box is there not any 12 volt fuss in it?

Back
Top Bottom