Need Someone to do an Sprinter Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennyishjoanne

I want to do a conversion of a Sprinter into an RV.

This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, except that it's going to have to be all from scratch rather than from any sort of standard design.

That's because I have a dreadful allergy to a particular kind of mold that grows on cellulose.  RV's obviously go moldy easily. 

Therefore, I need to get one that has no wood, cloth, or paper of any kind in the construction or finishes.  This includes things like hidden wood.

(This is the reason that I need an RV to begin with:  to get away from civilization to places where this kind of "city mold" is less present!)

A friend of mine with this same mold problem built a camper from scratch in order to accomplish this.  It's worked out really well for him. 

He thinks the Sprinter should work well as a base and is going to help me to make sure that cellulose materials aren't inadvertently included in the conversion.  However, I still need someone to do the work.

It seems to me that it's worth paying a fair amount of money to get this done.  Nice Sprinter/RV's seem to have good resale value, and I want it to be nice for my own use.  That requires some expertise though.

I'm going to contact Sportsmobile and see what they say.

Does anyone have other suggestions of companies that might be able to do this?  Or thoughts about my plan?

Thanks!

jennyishjoanne said:
I want to do a conversion of a Sprinter into an RV.

This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, except that it's going to have to be all from scratch rather than from any sort of standard design.

That's because I have a dreadful allergy to a particular kind of mold that grows on cellulose.  RV's obviously go moldy easily. 

Therefore, I need to get one that has no wood, cloth, or paper of any kind in the construction or finishes.  This includes things like hidden wood.

Thanks!

I will do the conversion for you!

The materials for structural erections will be entirely aluminum and stainless steel.

If and when you contacted 'Sportsmobile' what was their response?

Back
Top Bottom