Sin taxes pay for medical benefits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks as though they raised the tax on tobacco but not nearly enough IMHO.  Should be raised at least ten times what they are raising it.
See the article HERE.

Unfortunately, raising taxes doesn't do much to help a smoker quit. The tobacco guys who testified that "nicotine is not addictive" just plain lied.

Having seen increased tax on cigarettes and tobacco become part of the annual budget, along with increased liquor tax and increased tax at the pump, the UK government became addicted to the guaranteed revenue increases. When the Chancellor of the Exchequer arrived at 10 Downing Street on "Budget Day", it was always a big news event. British residents watched/listened intently to the news, to hear how much further the government was dipping into their pockets. It was never "if", but "how much?" as the line items were read out.

The UK government squandered that revenue, and today the UK National Health Service is a mess, and what Brits pay at the pump would give you sticker shock.

Unfortunately the WDCI will most likely just squander the increased revenues on pet projects instead of using them where they would do the most good.

WilleyB said:
;D LOL well maybe you have a saint or two in the US, but they're all scoundrels here, both feds and provincials, and the municipals I can vouch are no better. If the fuel and gas tax were spent on roads, by gee wizz I'm sure they'd be paved with gold instead of the present carpet of pot holes.

No saints, but one helluva strong public works construction lobby of contractors, local governments, and trucking companies.

Tom said:
Unfortunately, raising taxes doesn't do much to help a smoker quit. The tobacco guys who testified that "nicotine is not addictive" just plain lied.

Having seen increased tax on cigarettes and tobacco become part of the annual budget, along with increased liquor tax and increased tax at the pump, the UK government became addicted to the guaranteed revenue increases. When the Chancellor of the Exchequer arrived at 10 Downing Street on "Budget Day", it was always a big news event. British residents watched/listened intently to the news, to hear how much further the government was dipping into their pockets. It was never "if", but "how much?" as the line items were read out.

The UK government squandered that revenue, and today the UK National Health Service is a mess, and what Brits pay at the pump would give you sticker shock.

I changed my fuel filter on my generator the other day and as the fuel ran down my arm and into my armpits I thought of you. You were correct, can't do it with out a fuel bath.

I changed my fuel filter on my generator the other day and as the fuel ran down my arm and into my armpits I thought of you.

LOL Tom, I'm glad I was able to leave an impression  ;D

Back
Top Bottom