Escapees Mail Service since Hurricane Ike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInAmerica

Does anyone have information on the status of Escapees Mail Service in Livingston, TX following hurricane Ike?

Last week, they sent out an email as well as eNews bulletins that all mail scheduled for sending on Thursday, Friday, and Monday was being sent on Thursday.  I have received no further news as to if they will be back in business today or tomorrow although they expected to be back today.  Have you tried calling them?

No information on Escapees mail, but I love your username, LostInAmerica.  I saw the movie, Lost In America, many years ago and still laugh when I think about it today.  If I recall correctly, the husband and wife each quit their jobs, sell their home and everything else, and buy a new motorhome.  Their first trip is from New York to Las Vegas, and while he's sleeping, she gambles and ends up losing all the money they had.  It's a really comical, and maybe tragic story; I hope it wasn't a true story about you!  :p :p

The eye of Ike passed over between Livingston and Huntsville.  There is no power in Polk County Texas as far as I know.  I know that the city of Livingston has severe damage and no power.  The County Judge has said that no one should enter the County.  It will probably take a little time for the Escapees to start communicating.  The store down the road north of there belongs to my Son''s friend and he is cooking and giving away his meat.  He doesn't expect to have power for a while.

Here in Bryan, we have little damage and we have power, however there is wide spread problems from here to the Louisiana Line.  Our daughter rode it out in Houston, then came up here with us yesterday so she could work using my internet connection......and she likes having an AC.

Larry

Just received this club news email from the Escapees:

September 18, 2008

We?re back!

We appreciate the efforts of the many county and utility workers who worked tirelessly to restore power and services to the Escapees RV Club and the surrounding area in Livingston, TX.

The Escapees Mail Service, Escapees Club Office, and Rainbow?s End have all returned to normal operations.

Come visit!

Back
Top Bottom