Diesel fuel price inversion in WI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Interestingly here in WI, diesel is presently less than gasoline for the first time in a long time.  Difference varies from $.04/gal. at a local station to $.09/gal. at Flying J in Oak Creek.

Ned:

I can guess the answer but did diesel go down or gas go up?

Gas went up, of course.  I haven't been paying much attention to diesel prices lately, so it might have gone up too, just not as much.  I do know that until just recently diesel has been at least $.10/gal. more than gas.

The Coach is parked, awaiting our sojourn south later this fall, so I haven't paid much attention to prices either.  However, we did take the car to visit friends about an hour's drive away yesterday, and I too noticed that diesel was less expensive than regular gas.  It is $.04 per liter, or about $.11 a gal less, but at $1.30 per leter, which translates to above $5.00 a gallon, who really cares.  We have gas prce regulation here in Nova Scotia, so in the past week we saw gas drop 1 cent/L last Thursday, go up 12 cent/L Friday on Ike news, and drop 9/L yesterday, while oil has dropped to below $95/barrel.  Besides, we import zero oil/gas/LNG/etc from the US, yet our prices at the pumps went up higher and are staying there.
      Maybe it is the oil companies that our governments should be looking at taking over instead of the financial companies recently bailed out.

Our lowest Gas has increased somewhere around 20 cents to 3.66 in the last week.  The Diesel is holding steady with the lowest costing 3.87.  Kroger is the lowest right now for both, with Wal-Mart a close second.  Since we've been the only town with electricity in the area, I'm surprised gas hasn't increased more.  Electricity is coming on fast in the surrounding towns, so its going to be interesting to see what happens to the price in another week.

Larry

Bryan, Texas

Boy we haven't seen that in a long time - diesel is about 80 cents more than regular gas here in Spokane, WA.  Diesel at the $4.40 to $$4.50 range & regular at $3.60 to $3.70.  I even saw one station with their diesel still at $5.29 this morning - I bet they don't sell much of it at that price!

We had to buy both when we came out of Canada this noon in CAlais ME:

Diesel:  4.08
Gas      3.69

Back
Top Bottom