Replacing Heater Core

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobill

We have a 2003 Allegro Bus DP.  The heater core is bad and needs replaced.  We bought a new heater core from Tiffin, but I was wondering if replacing it is something we can do ourselves.  I can see the heater core.  I know how to hook up the hoses, but I can't figure out how to get to it.  Do I need to get to it from insider the motorhome (under the dash)?  If so, do I just remove everything until I get to the heater core.

Any help (with details) would be appreciated.  Also, if this is better left to the professionals, let me know!

Thanks,
Maureen.

No, I haven't done that yet.  So far I have only spoken with the customer service people.  I'll call their service dept tomorrow.  I was hesitating to do that because I always have trouble getting a parts sales person on the phone and just figured I'd have the same problem with service.  I also didn't find anything about installation on the website for the heater core manufacturer, so I thought maybe it wasn't a do-it-yourself type of thing.

Thanks for your input and I'll call Tiffin tomorrow.

Contacting Tiffin a good place to start.  They will guide you if it comes out from under the dash or under the hood.  Many automotive applications require partial or complete removal of the dash to get it out.  Hopefully that is not the case for motorhomes. 

I need to replace the heater core in my 2008 Phaeton. Did you ever get yours fixed? any hints or tips?

Back
Top Bottom