Diesel Prices Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
While traveling through Wisconsin I noticed the diesel was running between $4.07 and $4.09 then Sam noticed a place with truck islands with diesel at $3.99.  Lower than we had seen on this trip and for sometime before that.  So we were down almost 1/2 tank we pulled in and topped off with 70 gallons.  Would you believe when we passed through Pillager we seen Diesel at $3.81.  Wouldn't ya know.

I paid $3.81 in UT last week before we left for this road trip.  Its $4.08 right now in Jackson WY.

Diesel seems to not want to go down up here in NY, still around 4.70

Here in IL, last week the price of diesel dipped BELOW the price of unleaded for the first time in probably 2-3 years.  Diesel was $3.95 and unleaded spiked to $4.19 to gouge everyone during the hurricane scare.  Before that they always used to oppose either other any given week (one would be high and the other would be low, then they'd switch).

And those still-high prices above were during our "record low"  ::) oil barrel prices of $95, so I'm no more convinced that barrel price affects pump price any more than anything else.  They charge what they want to charge, and we pay it.  :p

scottydl said:
I'm no more convinced that barrel price affects pump price any more than anything else.  They charge what they want to charge, and we pay it.

I agree with you scottydl!  Here, in the metro Atlanta area, gas is hovering around $4 a gallone, IF you can find it.  There are many stations that don't have gas.  I'm in a small town east of Atlanta called Covington and there's only a couple of stations here that have gas, and they are very busy.  However, they powers that be claim we'll get some relief by the weekend, we'll see...glad I filled up yesterday.

Steve

Gas was $3.49 at one station near my home in Oregon yesterday.

Scott posted They charge what they want and we pay it.  What are we suppose to do?  It is still cheaper than horses and you don't have to shovel a byproduct.

Diesel was $3.79 at the FJ east of Greensboro, NC on Monday but local stations are over $4, some as high as $4.14. Gas is running $3.89-$3.99, but I found a Walmart/Murphy's that was $3.79 (and VERY busy!).

Diesel is $4.19 here, about 40 miles east of Atlanta on I-20.

Gas is $3.97 if you can find it, but more stations are re-opening as the EPA has lowered local gas restrictions temporarily.

Steve

Diesel dropped a $1 a gallon here the other day......................well.......at least for 25 or 30 seconds............I was sitting at a red light, and watched the guy change the numbers on his outside sign........by the time the light turned green.....it had gone right back up to its proper cost  ;D  ........just give it a minute or two Ron.......it will rebound.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom