A glimmer of hope....Sunspot cycle 24 emerging...finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another excuse to raise the price of oil ;)  This sunspot minimum was a long one.

Ned said:
Another excuse to raise the price of oil ;)  This sunspot minimum was a long one.

Shhh don't let the news media pick up on that they will encourage the oil companies to raise the price of oil products.

Heard several old timers on 40 meters recently, in humor saying "well, come to think about it, this next one may be our last solar cycle!"
I'm shooting for two or three more cycles, myself.  LOL
DM

Regarding the latest numbers on the new sunspot cycle, the actual numbers are way below the projected upswing at this point.  Heard conversation that maybe we're in for a repeat of the flat cycle from the 1500's!  Yikes!  Also there's the mirror image theory that we could be in for a double dip minimum, since the peak of the last cycle was a double peak. 
DM W4ANR, waiting, waiting, waiting...

summerwinds said:
Heard several old timers on 40 meters recently, in humor saying "well, come to think about it, this next one may be our last solar cycle!"
I'm shooting for two or three more cycles, myself.  LOL
DM

Joke I told on another site. There was a link to one of those "How long can you expect to live" sites where you give 'em some info and they say something like you have 80 years left or "don't make any long term plans" or something in between

My joke was: I can see it now, Man visits local library, uses the computers, finds he's got another 70 years left, Smiles, walks out and becomes "ONE" with the 22 1/2: left front tire on the bookmobile.

Well, the latest sunspot forecast and data could prove that a double dipper low between the old and new cycles could be a fact, jack.  There were in fact two sunspot peaks at the top of cycle 23, so maybe the mirror image theory is happening.  Patiently waiting, waiting, waiting!
Meanwhile, 40 meters has been a pipeline from Florida to Europe at night, especially since most of the AM broadcast stations have cleared out of the lower part of the SSB band.  Last weekend, heard signals on 15, 12, and 10 meters!  Also the 10 meter repeaters were very active on the East Coast and the republic of Texas.
Deen, W4ANR Palmdale, FL. 

Latest sunspot predictions for the current bottom cycle indicates that it could linger until 2015!  Whoa!  I'm only 61 and had hoped to enjoy 2 or 3 more sunspot cycles.  If the new cycle doesn't emerge soon, I may only get another one or two cycles in before hanging it up!

I wonder if Nostradamus was aware of sun spots?

Wonder what the sun spot propagation will be on Dec 21, 2012.... ::)

Well, I've got over three years to get fitted for my lead shorts, in any event.... ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom