Towing Mirrors for KIA Sorento

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wild4hank

We just purchased a new travel trailer and I am having difficulty finding a good towing mirror other than the McKesh mirrors and the universal towing mirrors by CIPA. The slide on ones are not made to fit KIA. I tried using the search but could not find anyone else who was towing with a KIA Sorento. Does anyone have any suggestions on which mirror would best work with my Sorento?

My TV is a Nissan Xterra, which is as narrow as the Sorento.  I have tried mirrors with rubber straps that go on existing mirrors.  They shake to much, but that was irrelevant anyway since they were not side enough.  I tried another set from CIPA with a straps and a knob that you put on existing mirrors, same thing, not wide enough and even if they were wide, the mirror itself was so damn small.

The winner was a McKesh knock off made by CIPA.  There effectiveness is inversely proportional to their beauty.  Nice large mirror, easy to put on, stays there steady with minimal shacking. 

I'd go with the McKesh or CIPA knock off.

I could not get the McKesh as my dealer did not sell them and the mirrors were included with the trailer, had to try a few until I found some that were wide enough.  Of course they made me try all the cheap ones first.

Your challenge is not finding mirrors mount easily and solidly on the Sorento (well, it can be a challenge), the real challenge is finding mirrors that stick out far enough from the TV so you can see behind the TT.   

I ended up purchasing the ones with the rubber strap, you are correct, they shake alot! I was able to see the complete trailer though so we will see how these work for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom