Mercedes diesel vs CAT vs Cummins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAPA BARE

I WAS WONDERING IF ENYONE HAD INFORMATION ON THE MERCEDES DIESEL IN MH COMPARED TO CAT OR CUMMINS OR IF THERE ENYONE HAS ANY EXPERINCE WITH THEM?

On my second Mercedes diesel , just does not get any better, have a Cat in my present MH , good motor , no complaints and anyone can work on them. Good luck.

Friends have the Merc diesel in their 07 Phaeton - no problems, so no experience on the dealer network either. Detroit Diesel is the distributor and service center for Mercedes truck & RV diesels in the USA, so you don't deal with the Mercedes auto dealer network at all.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. SAW SOME ADVERTISED AT GOOD PRICES WAS WONDERING HOW THE PREFORMED AND SERVICE WAS ABOUT LIKE CAT OR COMMENS. EVERYONE WITH THE CAT AND COMMINS ARE WELL PLEASED THAT I HAVE TALDED TO.

I will give you my opinion and the opinion of a few trucker`s I know:  CUMMINS! For some reason they state to have less visits to the mechanic than with previous engine brands. Good Luck.

ALL the incidents we have had with our Cat in 80k miles have been with accessories that Freightliner added to the engine, starter relay, power steering pump, and coolant control module. If you purchases a Cummins equipped Freightliner most of these same parts would be on the coach.

have no problem with cat or cummins was just wondering about the mercedes in a m / h. just see a few with them, so just wonted to see how Meany had them and how they preformed. thanks for all comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom