RV friendly Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasavak

I found a  glimmer of good news among all of the bad today .  We stopped in Durant , Oklahoma this morning to fill up and the gas was $2.99. 

How are things in the rest of the country ?

About 40 miles east of Atlanta we still have some stations without gas since Hurricane Ike.  It's getting better though, though there are lines at times.  Prices here are $3.94-$3.97 a gallon!

Steve

No kidding, $3.32 is the lowest I've seen here in IL in the last few weeks... and it's pretty sad that number seems LOW.

Also: I did manage to never pay over $4.00/gallon this year for RV gas.  We are weekend/vacationers, so I only have a fill up 2-3 times per season so far.  I got lucky that those two times were both under $4.  Last year, I managed to fill up for under $3 every time.  The bad news about that trend is that next year my goal may be to fill up under $5/gallon.  :(  Hopefully not.

3.619 here in Cortez

Sad to say that that 2.999 looked like a great price. Who'd have thought it a year ago?

We are a ways up I85 from Atlanta, just across into SC, and the local gas shortage is just clearing up. Paid $3.69 at a Walmart and it was mobbed - cheapest gas around and they had plenty available. We saw a few stations with no gas and some with regular unleaded only on our way here from Augusta, GA.

We have to make a run to NY this week for a family affair. Will take the car - just too expensive to take the coach for a short term trip. Hope the fuel prices are lower up that way (well, NY is never low) than they are here.

Today in Durango was $3.83.
Yesterday in Ridgway CO $3.68 and that was for 87 octane.
One week ago Moab was $ 3.86.

Elly

Gas was 3.29 in Virginia Beach yesterday, diesel 3.77.

Also to follow up on a comment from a week ago I found lower priced diesel on Google than Flying J by a couple of cents. When I get back in Flying J country I am sure I will go back for the convenience.

$3.18 at Isletta One Stop, I-25 at S. Broadway, both sides of NM 47. Excellent diesel bays on east side with entrance behind the gas area. A high volume operation.

Isletta Lakes is a good RV Park with fountains and fee for fishing with no NM fishing license required as the Isletta Pueblo is a sovereign nation, one of many in NM.

I am sitting in the SAFETY of a Walmart parking lot in Mason City Iowa looking at a sign for gas for $2.93. I just filled up 50 miles ago for $2.99. I should have waited

Over the weekend we saw at one station diesel for $3.99 in northern California.  Almost couldn't believe our eyes!

ArdraF

I hate to be cynical about things, but just remember, an election is coming up. Remember last time about 2 years ago. If I remember right, the price dropped about 75 cents to 1.00 dollar per gallon, (not sure about these prices). Shortly after the election, guess what happened.

Cheers, Jerry

Gas is getting easier to find here; most stations have gas now.  Regular is down to $3.859.

Steve

It isn't all about supply. I am 70 miles from Virginia Beach at Kill Devil Hills, NC. Price Sunday in VA: 1.29 for regular, price up the road today: 1.86!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom