RV friendly Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuel keeps coming down here, I love it!!!  Besides that, every station I've visited had gas.

Regular gas is down to 3.289 and diesel is 3.899 (what gas cost about ten days ago!).

Steve

Diesel in Bakersfield, CA is $3.29 according to our son.  I love how these fuel prices are dropping, but I'd pay the higher fuel prices to get back what I just lost on Wall street this last week....aaarrrggg.  

Now if the market would rebound and keep the fuel prices low, I'd be a happy camper.  I know...I know...dream on.

BTW, I remember $.25/gallon.

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
BTW, I remember $.25/gallon.

I recall when we use to put in 2 or 3 gallons af diesel when we filled the ten gallon tank since it was less than $.10 a gallon and Gas was something like $.15 a gallon.  My what kids will do.

Citgo at the end of our road is 2.99 for reg, and I think about 3.59 for diesel.  I no longer have diesel vehicles, so don't pay as close attention.

Here is a thought.  How low does the price have to be for you to go out of your way to buy fuel.  Some is math, sompe part is emotion.  I have a frugal uncle (not how we described him), that would cross town to save 2 cents a gallon.  (back when gas was under a dollar!)

Worst part, driving back from St Augustine I stopped, got $100 at 3.59/gal, ths Sunday, 2.99.  I would have made it on what I had but didn't want to go that low.  had I foreseen the difference I might have waited.  $42 difference in 70 gallons!

Ron

Back in the days when my wife were dating, Saturday date 5gal gas $1.00, movie $1.00(2X.50) Sack $1.00(Hamburger >25 Fries .15 Coke .10X2= $3.00.,  NOW those were the good old days.  We will celebrate our 50th Anniversary this year.
recently  found some old receipts from our honeymoon,m gas .19 per gal.

Tony

Yep I remember the hambuger delux with everything including frys was $.25 and it was big.  When I first started driving gas was less than $.19 a gallon and diesel if I recal $.05 or $.06 a gallon at the Huskey truck stop.  Good ole days is right.

Ron said:
Yep I remember the hambuger delux with everything including frys was $.25 and it was big.  When I first started driving gas was less than $.19 a gallon and diesel if I recal $.05 or $.06 a gallon at the Huskey truck stop.  Good ole days is right.

Ron:

When you started driving I thought they sold "gas" by the bale. ;D

We filled the car with regular gas at a Love's on I81 near Wytheville, VA for $2.95 yesterday. Good thing too, cause we soon crossed into North Carolina where prices jumped to the $3.60 range! Even South Carolina, traditionally a low price fuel state, was in the $3.50 range in the more northern regions and we didn't see $2.9x prices again until we got well south on I85, almost to the Georgia border.

I just filled up for $2.67 in Council Bluffs Iowa. Gas, not diesel. That's $2.00 less per gallon than I paid 3 months ago in California.

Our trip up to WA state cost us $158 more going up than coming back.  Though we did change course from up and back, the mileage only varied by 24 miles.  Cost up was $1172 for 2351 miles. (Diesel)  Back was $1014 for 2375 miles.  We averaged 9.53 mpg.  (34' Class A mh with 350 Cat engine.)  I included the qualifications for those contemplating mh vs other and diesel vs gas.

We really got excited one day on the trip home.  Had a good straight road with little climbs and perhaps a tail wind.  Average 10.9 mpg only to lose it all or more the next day when it was mostly up hill and a cantankerous headwind..... Ah, well, win a little; lose a little. 

Daisy

Here in the Covington area, about 40 miles east of Atlanta on I-20, you can now find regular from $2.699 to $2.999...amazing!  Three months ago I would not have believed this!

Steve

Flying J, Rock Hill SC tonight:

Regular  2.879
Diesel    3.409

Got gas at Costco in Madison Hts, Mi. today for $2.749.  Don't need Cedar Point anymore for that up and down and up and down etc........feeling. :p

Just filled up at Wal mart in Siloam Springs AR. Reg $2.45.  Glad to see price drop. Heading For iLL. tomarrow AM.

Tony

Topped off at a station on the navajo nation yesterday at 2.90 a gal and diesel there was 3.35.  The price was similar all across the Nation but the rest of Arizona is around 3.49 from what I seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom