RV friendly Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Four blocks down the street from last night's report it had dropped to 2.599.

Here on the Olympic Peninsula, our local Chevron station started pricing gas at his cost when it hit $4 per gallon.  According to the newspaper, he's more than making up the difference via increased sales in the convenience store (more like a small market).  Yesterday I filled up for $2.85 per gallon, not including the 30 cents per gallon discount I get from my new Chevron/Texaco Visa card through the end of this month.  So my net cost was $2.55 per gallon. 

After this month the card drops to a permanent 10 cent per gallon discount.

The other station in Port Hadlock is charging $2.99.9 for regular.  Everywhere else around here is in the $3.29 - $3.39 range.

Diesel is running about $3.49, but the above discounts above also apply.

Lou Schneider said:
Here on the Olympic Peninsula, our local Chevron station started pricing gas at his cost when it hit $4 per gallon.  According to the newspaper, he's more than making up the difference via increased sales in the convenience store (more like a small market).

I wonder why more smaller station owners didn't do this nationwide to attract business.  Of course there is much more retail markup on the convenience store items.  Gone are the days of "gas wars" where stations could essentially decide what they want to charge.  Now (or at least lately) all 50 stations in town are the same price to the penny, within hours of one another.  ::)

scottydl said:
I wonder why more smaller station owners didn't do this nationwide to attract business.  Of course there is much more retail markup on the convenience store items.  Gone are the days of "gas wars" where stations could essentially decide what they want to charge.  Now (or at least lately) all 50 stations in town are the same price to the penny, within hours of one another.   ::)

Apparently some folks are more resourceful than others. ;D

Regular here is now down to $2.499, some places a dime more.

Steve

Gas in upstate New York is still 3.93/gal (lowest price here in the Adirondacks) not sure about diesel, when I go south I always fill up in Jersey before I enter NY and usually can get back out of NY before getting gas again. I envy those of you in states that don't have our ridiculous taxes.

Saw on news for Utah yesterday that although the highest prices around Utah are still 3.49 the lowest is now 2.02 a gal.  Also in another group someone said that Missouri is now 1.98 a gal.  These are gas prices so I am sure that diesel is down there too.

SNOWDOGSX2 said:
Gas in upstate New York is still 3.93/gal (lowest price here in the Adirondacks) not sure about diesel, when I go south I always fill up in Jersey before I enter NY and usually can get back out of NY before getting gas again. I envy those of you in states that don't have our ridiculous taxes.

Oops, meant to say $2.93/gal

3.04 in Holbrook, Az yesterday.  2.98 at Loves at Joseph, Az along interstate 40 as well.

Since OPEC just voted to cut back production, I'd expect to see those prices turn around and start back up.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Since OPEC just voted to cut back production, I'd expect to see those prices turn around and start back up.

I believe it's inevitable, only a matter of time...

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom