Bought a 2003 road runner camper.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

Newbie48

Hi, Bought today a used 22 ft. 2003 Road Runner Trailer for 5500.00 This camper is profect for one person and it parked for 6 months or more.

Thanks, Newbie48

Newbie48:

Hope you checked your appliances before you bought.  :)

Also, you may want to check the tires.  Even though they will likely have lots of tread, if they are the originals, they are now 5 years old.  The rubber on the tires gets hard with time, and if you have any cracking on them, then seriously consider replacing them before you go anywhere.

The other thing that age affects is the battery, whether it is used or not, so consider having that checked as well.

A 22 footer should be nice and light so that you can probably tow it with a light duty truck, or even an Astro or Safari van.

Frank.

New battery has been installed before I bought it. The appliances do work and I have a Ford E-150 Van with a 4.6 engine in it to pull the trailer.

Thanks, Newbie48

Newbie48:

Sounds like you should have some fun with your new rig!  We so TOTALLY enjoyed our first one, which was an 18' 5th wheel with single axle.  It bounced a lot, so we had to tie things down, and it was cramped for the three of us, but it was an escape that we sorely needed in those years.  I had it spray-foamed on the bottom the second year we had it, and we did winter camping after that, which was even nicer as it was SO quiet.  We're on to our second unit now, a 23' 5th with bunks.  A bit bigger, but it still fits in the heated garage, so i don't have to winterize it.  Don't have to make the table into a bed every night with this one like we did the old one, so it is nicer still.

Hope you manage some getaways.  :)

Frank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom