Water Pump.....which is best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HardCore

I have a 1991 26ft. Sprinter TT with a kitchen sink and full bathroom.  I need to replace the water pump, and I am wondering which pump to get.  I have had some success with a flojet quad previously, but I had to rebuild it once.  I am debating between the flojet quad, the shurflo 2088, and the shurflo whisperking.  I kind of like the idea of the whisperking, but it has reduced psi and gpm, but a better warranty.

Any ideas on the best pump to get?  I'm sure all would service nicely, but I can't find a lot of reviews or comparisons online. 

I just installed a shur-flo smart sensor pump, and it has a three year warranty. It controls the speed of the pump proportional to how much water is being used, and does not cycle off and on while making for a nice smooth flow. I tested it out and it worked as advertised, I'll let you know if it doesent over the next few weeks.

Anyone ever install a small "pressure tank" in an RV to prevent the on-off and variable flow issues that seem to occur with short stints of plumbing and 30-40psi pumps?  There are certain water volume levels that are very problematic for the pump in our motorhome in terms of noise and smooth operation.

Sounds like you're referring to an accumulator tank. Yes, they do eliminate the immediate noise of a water pump, but only until they lose pressure and draw water; That's when the pump comes on again.

Accumulator tanks work very well with the non-variable flow pumps but are not recommended or needed with the variable flow pumps.  Variable flow pumps adjust the flow to the water demand.

I used other pumps in my off-grid cabin that were all broken after no time and were very loud. The Flojet 03526-144A water pump is literally one of the best finds I have ever come upon. It is quiet, but most importantly, it is very reliable. I have had it for 3 years and could not be happier. What I like about it is that it makes use of an automatic triplex diaphragm, which allows it to operate in a smooth manner without the need for an accumulator tank. It is because it already comes with a pulsation eliminator.

I used other pumps in my off-grid cabin that were all broken after no time and were very loud. The Flojet 03526-144A water pump is literally one of the best finds I have ever come upon. It is quiet, but most importantly, it is very reliable. I have had it for 3 years and could not be happier. What I like about it is that it makes use of an automatic triplex diaphragm, which allows it to operate in a smooth manner without the need for an accumulator tank. It is because it already comes with a pulsation eliminator.
10 posts, 9 product placement comments...This one on a 13 year old thread.

just replaced brand new pump ( it was not broken ) a maxflo ( made in china as most are today ) , installed a shur-flo. why did i replace it, when it was not broken ?, answer : i seen a few video's on water pumps in tt, 5th wheels made today, i read the words on this maxflo..5 min's on, 10 min's off !..wth !..lol. who takes a shower in under 5 min's ?..ok..ok..maybe some of you do ?, but i will not !..lol. i went with the shur-flow brand. so far..so good !.

Back
Top Bottom