Condensation from Air Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodo

I have a Chinook motorhome with a roof mounted air conditioner. When hot its condensation begins to flow over the sides above the front door of the cab and soaks a driver trying to get in or out. Does anyone have any experience with correcting this problem? It seems like it needs a gutter of some type but that also seems pretty major to install.

I have noticed the "problem" but have not solution as my rig you get in from the passanger side under cover so you don't get dumped upon

Gutters of some kind are fairly easy to install.... I can design one for you from easily obtained materials in about 10seconds

Use the "U" channel used by a siding contractor to either start or finish the job

Bolt a short section on over the door, Sealing the bolt holes with proper sealant,  That's about all there is to it

With today's adhesives, you should be able to bond some type of gutter or diverter to the roof without major work.  You don't need much - even a bead of clear silicone caulk would serve to divert the water runoff to somewhere else.

But can't you level the rig in such a way that the water runs off somewhere else?

"When hot its condensation begins to flow over the sides above the front door of the cab and soaks a driver trying to get in or out. Does anyone have any experience with correcting this problem? It seems like it needs a gutter of some type but that also seems pretty major to install."

Plastic glue on gutter is a standard item available at Camping World and is often found in one of the small ads near the back of RV magazines. I have a strip of it over my windshield for the past 6 yrs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom