P2506 DTC in a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis Navion IQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travelman23

I stored my Class C last week outside, covered at an RV Storeage Facility in Michigan. This week I went to check on it and the battery was stone dead. I managed to get it started after some time using the boost switch from the deep cycle batteries. I let it run for 30 minutes. When I did get it going I noticed the amber engine light lit in the instrument cluster. I had taken the Scan Guage II OBD off for the winter and taken it home. By the time I got back to the RV about 4 hours later the battery was dead again, and again I got it started using a boost. The Scan Guage DTC code was P2506 which indicated ECM/PCM Power Input Range/Perf....whatever that is. I plan to check with the dealer next week but do the error code and dead battery seem related?
Thanks is advance...

If I had to guess, I would say the scan code was complaining about a low voltage condition caused by the battery.  I don't think it was  reporting anything that CAUSED the battery to go dead. 

If your battery was stone dead, 30 minutes isn't enough to recharge it.  Plus, if it is a normal car battery, going stone dead may well have permanently damaged it, IMO.

I believe that error code merely indicates that power to the ECM (engine control module/computer) was too low, i.e. the battery was dead.

30 minutes will not recharge a dead battery very much, so whatever is draining it flattened it again in 4 hours.  Make sure your entry step light is not staying on - it is hard to see in daylight and easy to miss. A power step usually runs off the chassis battery and can drain it fast. If you can't find the source of the power draw, add a battery disconnect switch to the chassis battery.

It's funny that you mentioned the entry step light, the connector has been loose, necessitating some wiggling to get it to come on. I will check it. Also I ran the engine again today after tightening up the battery connections and the check engine light went out.
Thanks to all of you very much.

The 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis has a chassis battery disconnect located a couple of inches above the accelerator pedal. Slide the red tab down and give the disconnect a jerk. It snaps back in place easily.

RVMike

Thanks, I will do that.
Just got the unit back from the dealer and the battery was OK. They bet that I left the entry step light on inadvertantly.

Back
Top Bottom