Life on Wheels no more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerryarlyne

It was just announced today that the life on wheels conference program has been discontinued. 
Since the passing of Gaylord Maxwell his widow has decided it is not possible for her to continue.

Some of you know that I did seminars and lessons for all 14 years of the conference so I am very sorry to see it end. A lot of newbies will not get the chance to gain a lot of very good information from some of the best "experts" in the industry.  That leaves it up to this forum and others to impart the wisdom of your experiences and expertise in the RV world.

Jerry Ray

Surely there must be some group who is willing to continue the LOF program.  I know Gaylord was the driving force behind it but there were a lot of others involved as well.

My wife and I only attended a Life on Wheels conference once but were planning to attend more at a later date. We are so sorry to see this wonderful addition to the RV community end, if indeed, it does. I feel some person or organization could pick this up and continue providing important information to the RV community.

I only met Gaylord Maxwell and his wife once and spent time with them in Moscow, Idaho and I found them to be wonderful people. If Gaylord could have his way maybe he would agree with this posting.

We will all miss him.

Perk

Indeed Life on Wheels is a unique and valuable program that is not otherwise available. I've been twice and would love to go at least once or twice more. It would be a shame to see it end. However, apparently it was not a money-maker and relied a great deal on donations and volunteers added to a small paid staff. If so, it would take someone with connections who is willing to put a lot of effort into re-organizing it. Too, the faltering economy must be critically wounding a lot of RV-related enterprises. Still, I hope LOF goes on. You're right, it would be a fine tribute to Gaylord Maxwell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom