2008 SE Rally Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
6 rigs showed up early for the 2008 Fall edition of the Southeast RV Forum Rally. Already onsite and having fun are the Brincks, Dicks, Nesbits, Malones, Reiters, & Reavis's.  Everybody gathered in the Brinck's coach for happy hour yesterday. More folks are expected today.

Bad weather blew in late last night and it has rained hard and steady since. It is supposed to clear on Saturday, though. The park has a clubhouse and covered pavilion, so we have a place for tonight's dinner and the preceding social hour(s). Nancy already has spaghetti sauce brewing for the dinner and we will have fun regardless of whether. It's the people, not the place that makes the fun!

The spaghetti dinner was excellent thanks to Gary and Nancy.  The rest of us brought snacks, salads, bread, deserts, and wine to go with the main course.  Everyone had a great time even though the weather wasn't the greatest outside.  I have added a few pictures of Happy Hour.

Attachments

• Barb, Frank,Wayne & Ned (Medium).JPG
    Barb, Frank,Wayne & Ned (Medium).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Betty, Terry & Sue (Medium).JPG
    Betty, Terry & Sue (Medium).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Dave, Jim, Cheryl & Jeanette (Medium).JPG
    Dave, Jim, Cheryl & Jeanette (Medium).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Jim, Cheryl, Jeanette, Pat & Betty (Medium).JPG
    Jim, Cheryl, Jeanette, Pat & Betty (Medium).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Lois, Gary, Nancy & ED (Medium).JPG
    Lois, Gary, Nancy & ED (Medium).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Wayne, Judy & Frank (Medium).JPG
    Wayne, Judy & Frank (Medium).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 129
Great pic's Lorna.  How about a few shots of the other folks there so we (who don't know folks well enough to put names with faces) can do just that.  Looks like I've missed a great opportunity to meet and enjoy some nice folks.  Thanks for your time and efforts.  lou

It was a great kickoff dinner.  Thanks, Gary & Nancy, for hosting and cooking! 

Being our first time at a rally, it was good to put faces to names that we've known for 2+ years.

If anyone is going to the train thing or the sub museum, please let me know -- I'd be interested in either/both.

More folks arrived Friday (just in time for dinner - who says there is no free lunch?). Friday arrivals include the Cousins, Landers, Weimarts and Arthurs. We are now 10 rigs strong. Joel & Camille Myers are expected Sunday.

Everyone was pictured except the Nesbits who arrived after I had taken the pictures and we will get them today.

Wayne and I are looking to get a group to go over to the trainyard on Monday.  Let us know if you are interested.

Tom

I tried posting 4 pictures tonight and it said it was full.

Thanks for the heads up Lorna. The upload folder now has plenty of space.

Frank,

Yes there will be a group going over to the train yard on Monday.

Here are a few more pictures from tonight's potluck and yes we do eat good.  The first picture is of the three missing people from last night.  Our group was a bit segregated for Happy Hour today ::)  The rain seems to have left and hopefully by tomorrow we won't be below sea level :(  Some of us went to St. Marys today to visit a Submarine Museum (sorry no pictures unless someone else took some).

Tom

Thanks.

Attachments

• Jeff, Maryann, Don (Medium).JPG
    Jeff, Maryann, Don (Medium).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 120
  • Maryann,Sue,Lois,Charyl, Nancy,Lorna,Jeanette,Barb (Medium).JPG
    Maryann,Sue,Lois,Charyl, Nancy,Lorna,Jeanette,Barb (Medium).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Ned,Gary,Wayne,Frank,Ed,Frank,Jeff,Don,Dave (Medium).JPG
    Ned,Gary,Wayne,Frank,Ed,Frank,Jeff,Don,Dave (Medium).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Our potluck (Medium).JPG
    Our potluck (Medium).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 102
Lorna said:
Everyone was pictured except the Nesbits who arrived after I had taken the pictures and we will get them today.

Here they are!
BB

Attachments

• IMG_8903.JPG
    IMG_8903.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 99
Here are a group of  photos to show you our good time at the Pot luck last night.  Included is a photo of Lorna who is often the photographer and left out of photos.  She organized a girls Shopping day in town today and  photos will follow.

BB

Attachments

• IMG_8910.JPG
    IMG_8910.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8912.JPG
    IMG_8912.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_8913.JPG
    IMG_8913.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8914.JPG
    IMG_8914.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8919.JPG
    IMG_8919.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 98
I am glad to see you guys are having a good time. Somehow I figured you would. I wish we could have made it but it was not to be. Maybe next time. It sure would be nice to meet some of you face to face.

Bayou Talker said:
I wish we could have made it but it was not to be. Maybe next time. It sure would be nice to meet some of you face to face.

Me too, Cliff,  This is the third SE rally in a row that I thought I had a real chance to attend and it seems something always comes up to prevent/preempt it.  Maybe in the Spring.  We'll see. 

Keep on keepin' on folks. 

Back
Top Bottom