2008 SE Rally Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This sure brings back memories!!  Tim and I were at last years 2007 Southeast Fall rally and had a ball.  Wish we were there with you all.  Good friends...good times....good food.

Rally's are great for getting to know each other and making the forum "come alive". 

Marsha~

The ladies toured the sights of St Mary's this afternoon while the guys did various projects of just chatted. Guys started gathering for socials around 4-ish and the gals came back form their expeditions (nobody lost this time!) around 5 or so.

Tonight we had an impromptu cook-out of hot dogs and bratwurst, followed by Mexican Train dominoes in the clubhouse and a campfire (gas log variety) at the Brinck's site. The campfire was accompanied by coffee sweetened with your choice of Bailey's Irish Creme or Godiva Chocolate.

So close, yet so far. 

We had a fire tonight, back patio, our winter neighbors have arrived. 

Welcome back tou Southern RV Living

My photos will share with you the  Orange Hall, an 1879 Anti Bellum home in St Mary's that many of the women of the rally toured today.  We will also  feature the Scarecrow contest  enteries of the businesses  in town.  We will see Scare crow campers.  We will feature the  three boys who can light a bar b que . We will end with the featured couple of the evening, Joel and Camille who arrived today. 

Eggs in a bag in the morning!  Don't you just wish you were here?  I paid  $2.14 for  regular gas  this afternoon.  Whoooo hooooo.

Betty

Attachments

• IMG_8933-1.JPG
    IMG_8933-1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8931.JPG
    IMG_8931.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8935.JPG
    IMG_8935.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8936.JPG
    IMG_8936.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8938.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8942.JPG
    IMG_8942.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8944.JPG
    IMG_8944.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8948-1.JPG
    IMG_8948-1.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the photos Betty. Looks like a rally we would have enjoyed. But, with family headed this way this week, it wasn't in the cards.

Is anyone headed some place where they can use firewood?  I've got three oak log splits leftover from last week and I cannot take them home.  You are welcome to them.  Free delivery.  :D

Let me know...

KodiakRV said:
Is anyone headed some place where they can use firewood?  I've got three oak log splits leftover from last week and I cannot take them home.  You are welcome to them.  Free delivery.   :D

Let me know...

Kodiak

We will be able to use them in Quartzsite. Free delivery to Arizona ??? ;D ???

Today a group of Rallyees went over to Folkston, Ga. to watch trains go through the Folkston Funnel.  Nearly all of the CSX trains from the north or the south have to go through Folkston resulting in a an average of 60 trains passing through the town every day.

Someone else will no doubt post pictures of the avid trainwatchers.

The attached pictures were taken from an overpass just north of Folkston and show the two major northern system tracks approaching Folkston north of the overpass and merging just south of the overpass and passing through town.

If you are interested there's more information here: http://www.folkston.com/trains/trains.htm

Hard to believe that our happy sojourn is drawing to a close.  It has been a great rally!

Beat wishes to all for safe travels and thanks for all the help you've given these semi-newbies.

Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt
Cary, NC

Attachments

• Folkston Funnel Approach from the North2.jpg
    Folkston Funnel Approach from the North2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Folkston Funnel Southbound Tracks Merge2.jpg
    Folkston Funnel Southbound Tracks Merge2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 84
The whole gang went out to dinner tonight at Starters, a local bar & grill.  We had a fun time (at least at our table of 8) and good chow. Were going to have a campfire when we returned, but the temps were already low 50's and enthusiasm for sitting outside was lacking.  Maybe tomorrow night for those few who are left.

Jeff has volunteered to do the "omelet in a bag" breakfast again Tuesday morning, using  the leftover ingredients from this a.m.

Monday October 24, 2008,

Jeff Cousins led the breakfast brigade with his omlettes in a bag.  He and wife Sue prepared the eggs and  we filled our ziplock freezer bags with the goodies we like inside omlettes.  Jeff doused them into boiling water for a time and voila  beautifully tasty eggs.  Everyone else provided lots of food.  Bsquits and gravy, English muffins, fruit rounded out our treats.  We had enough for left over the next day.

Tha final photo is  a memory of the King George RV Resort who had a sewer problem and the front row did not have sewer for the week.  The back row and those closest had an  aromoa to remind them there was a problem. 

Photos of last nights dinner to follow.

Betty

Attachments

• IMG_8949.JPG
    IMG_8949.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8952.JPG
    IMG_8952.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8958.JPG
    IMG_8958.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8959.JPG
    IMG_8959.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 83
Here is a photo gallery of the Forum friends who attended the Southeast RV Forum Rally in Woodbine GA  in October of 2008.

I won't even try to get the names right,  as you can see we are NOT wearing our name badges.  The girls in the first 2 photos are having something blue to drink.  It had the name Lagoon in it.  They had two of them each , can you tell?

This group dinner was lively and fun and Starters was the name of the restaurnat with lots of menu choices.

Betty
Glad to have attended my first SE Forum Rally.

Thanks to Hosts Gary and Nancy for  ensuring each of us had a good time.

Attachments

• IMG_8960.JPG
    IMG_8960.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8967.JPG
    IMG_8967.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8973.JPG
    IMG_8973.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8974.JPG
    IMG_8974.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8975.JPG
    IMG_8975.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8976.JPG
    IMG_8976.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8978.JPG
    IMG_8978.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 88
Part 2 of dinner out.

Attachments

• IMG_8979.JPG
    IMG_8979.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8980.JPG
    IMG_8980.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8982.JPG
    IMG_8982.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8983.JPG
    IMG_8983.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8985.JPG
    IMG_8985.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8986.JPG
    IMG_8986.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8992.JPG
    IMG_8992.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 89
1 & 2 - Nancy Brink & Maryann Nesbit
3 - Wayne and Judy Malone
4 - Barb and Frank Weimert
5 - Ned and Lorna Reiter
6 - Frank and Cheryl Arthur
7 - Sue and Jeff Cousins
Next entry
1 - Camille and Joel Myers
2 - Ed and Lois Lander
3 - Gary and Nancy Brink
4 - Jim and Pat Dick
5 - Maryann and Don Nesbit
6 - Terry and Betty Brewer
7 - Dave and Jeanette Reavis

Thanks Betty for taking the couple pictures

I love putting names to faces. Maybe I'll even call you by name when we meet  :D

Wendy

For all those fellow rallyites  who wished us well on our trip home today -- and those who questioned our sanity -- we made it safely, arriving in the Raleigh area just in time to participate in the local version of rush hour.

448 miles!  Longer than we thought.  Did someone say "windy"?  Yes, spent all day working at keeping the moho from moving east with the quartering NW wind.  Best part of the day was getting 72 gallons of fuel at the Latta, SC Flying J at $3.14/gal.  With our 1 cent/gallon FJ reward discount and the 3% discount from American Express, we got as close to $3/gallon as we have been in a LONG time!

To top off the day, after unloading the moho into the stick house and driving it out to the place where we keep it and backing it into the garage in the dark then driving back to Cary, when we stopped for a bite at Bojangles, I discovered I'd left my wallet in the moho!

Mary Ann was very nice to me during the 30 mile roundtrip to retrieve my wallet.  Much nicer than I deserved!

Once again, thanks to Gary and Nancy for hosting another wonderful SE Rally!  Special thanks, too, to Jeff and Sue for cheerfully turning out breakfast omelets 2, count'em, 2 days in a row!  And thanks to all the other friends old and new who pitched in to make the rally a fun success.

Bless you all.  Until next time.....

Don and Mary Ann  Nesbitt
Cary, NC

Betty, thank you so much for the couples photos and thank you Lorna for the names. So many times we see photos of one or the other of couples and sometimes with just first names. It's hard to always put them together.

It's great to have them together.

Thanks again to you both.

Glad to hear you had a safe, if long, trip home, Don.  It was a good rally, as usual.

We followed Jim and Pat Dick down to TGO and are now parked in sunny FL with the heat pump running :)  The Palleys stopped by just before we went out for hot dogs last night, so we finally got to meet them after all these years.

Glad everyone made it to their destinations safely.

Thanks to Gary and Nancy for hosting yet another great SE rally. Even in the rain and mud we still had a great time.

Dave & Jeanette

Back
Top Bottom