Mesa Verde

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgr

We are thinking traveling from SLC Utah to Mesa Verde on labor day weekend. We are pulling a 36 ft Montana trailer can anyone suggest a RV park to say in. It is our first time in the area and we are looking forward to it. Any info would be appreciated.

jgr said:
We are thinking traveling from SLC Utah to Mesa Verde on labor day weekend. We are pulling a 36 ft Montana trailer can anyone suggest a RV park to say in. It is our first time in the area and we are looking forward to it. Any info would be appreciated.

jgr,

My wife and I like Corps of Engineer campgrounds. I can recommend McPhee Reservior near Dolores, CO.

From US 160 near Cortez travel north on SH145 to SH184. Follow SH184 west to County Road 25, turn right for 1/4 mile, then right on Forest Service road 271 to the reservoir.

These are all paved roads. They honor Golden Age pass for half off camping fee.

970-882-7296 for more information.

Hey JGR,

We live in Albuquerque, a nice 4 1/2 hour drive to Mesa Verde. We've been many times. Why not camp inside the National Park, itself. Campgrounds are gorgeous. The mule deer will wander around. Ranger programs at night. I can't remember, but I think there might be a campground within the park with hookups. Check their website.

There is something of an ambiance staying within one of our fabulous national parks! You will love it!

Good luck.

BernerGran

To BernerGran,
I need a recommendation for campgrounds in the Albuquerque area.  Thanks.

jgr said:

Mesa Verde RV Resort is a wonderful campground that is 1/2 mile from the Mesa Verde entrance.? It is small but very clean and well run.? It's reasonably priced and they have free WiFi, a pool, sauna room and hot tub.? Free coffee and tea in the mornings and a great little gameroom with tapes, boardgames, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom