Looking for feedback on towing a Pontiac G6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchristo

I am in the market for a TOAD. I have been looking at purchasing a 4 cyc. Pontiac G6. I can get new for around 15 thou. Anyone out there in the Forum World have a G 6 Toad. How do you like? Where and what did it cost for Tow Setup? (ie Camping World etc) Thanks in advance for info.  BC

bchristo said:
I am in the market for a TOAD. I have been looking at purchasing a 4 cyc. Pontiac G6. I can get new for around 15 thou. Anyone out there in the Forum World have a G 6 Toad. How do you like? Where and what did it cost for Tow Setup? (ie Camping World etc) Thanks in advance for info.   BC

We towed a '99 Pontiac Grand Am, the predecessor to the G6. No problems over 4 years of towing. Prices have changed a lot since then, can't help in that respect.

Thanks. I did get a "rough" est from Camping world - Approx 1800.00 to install - OUCH!

Base plates run $300-$350 plus labor (or you can do it yourself). Towbar is anywhere from $100-$700 depending on the style you want (differences in convenience of use). Rigging the running lights is another $150-200, or do it your self for a lot less.  An auxiliary brake can be anywhere from $500-1000 and can also be installed yourself (or no install necessary with some types). Used stuff is available on ebay and at some online towing equipment sites.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom