Xantrex Inverter and Freedom Remote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVOA

Hi Guys

We have a Xantrex 458 series Inverter/Charger and their Freedom Remote Panel in the 06 Expedition.

Manual HERE - please try to read.

A few days ago, I came across the Manual for the Freedom Remote and am a little confused as to whether my Panel was initially set-up correctly by Fleetwood.

The Manual states that the Freedom should have been set-up for the Amp-Hrs and Battery Type for my rig.

So, I entered the Set-Up mode and found it was set for 2,000 Amp-Hrs - but my battery Amp-Hrs only equal 900 (4 x Trojan T-105s).

Q. Should I change it to 1000 Amp-Hrs as this is closest to my 900, rather than leave at the 2,000 set by Fleetwood ??

Also, the Battery Type should be set;

According to my Panel, it has been set at GEL1 / Warm Wet - but I have std Fllooded Batteries.

Q. Should I set the Panel as Wet / Cool Wet ?

Sorry if it seems confusing, but if things were set-up incorrectly it may explain why I had to replace all 4 batteries after just 1 year of use.

Thanks
Paul

Paul

>>So, I entered the Set-Up mode and found it was set for 2,000 Amp-Hrs - but my battery Amp-Hrs only equal 900 (4 x Trojan T-105s).<<

6v in series add voltage not amps...so your series/parallel set up will produce 12v & 450-500 amps.

You should use the flooded setting for battery type. Experiment with wet & cool wet as it will probably affect your float charge.

As Terry says, your battery amp-hours with 4 x T105s is about 440 H @ 12v. Set the AH accordingly. I'd probably go with the 400 AH setting, but it isn't that critical. You could try the 600 ah setting and see how it goes.

Warm WET was appropriate for where you took delivery of the coach, but you should probably change to Cool Wet (under 80% most of the time) for UK use.

I run a Prosine 2.0  Somewhat like your Freedom  Send a note to fleetwood about the improper adjustment as that can boil batteries

Others have given you the best settings,  Flooded wet, 500 amp hours

As for temp.. The xantrex temp sensor is a big yellow block that will either be connected to the battery terminal (likely negative) or taped to one side of the battery.  In either case if it is there the read out will show the temp if you ask it to

If it does nto show it, or you don't see the sensor (Which may have been repainted) then follow the manual's guide as to Cool/Warm/Hot settings.

Back
Top Bottom