Death Valley after QZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

Marlene and I are thinking of going to Death Valley after Quartzsite. Anyone else interested in going?

Any suggestions for internet access while there? We normally use Sprint and only roaming is available in DV, couldn't use our phone data capability.

We're headed to DV in a couple of days. Probably be there thru Thanksgiving. But we could be talked into going back after Qtz. We don't have to be anywhere until Valentine's Day weekend when we have a Coke convention in Buena Park.

They do have free internet access at and around the visitor center. But, Bernie, I'm sure we could work something out if we're there.....that roof mount is soooo nice.

As for cell phone access, last year when we were there, the towers were analog only and people who had fancy, schmancy digital phones got NO reception. My cheapo tri-mode phone worked fine. But I don't know if they shut down those analog towers and didn't replace them. Maybe someone could try calling Al & Vel and see if there's reception?

Wendy
leaving snowy Cortez very, very soon

BernieD said:
Marlene and I are thinking of going to Death Valley after Quartzsite. Anyone else interested in going?

Bernie,

Linda and I are thinking about Death Valley after Quartzsite. However, we won't know our availability until after we arrive in Tucson in mid-December. Hopefully, our schedule will be established by the time we attend the rally at Catalina State Park.

Richard

We have no definite plans yet, have been talking for a couple of years now about going back to DV after QZ and we may be able to do it this year. I just want to be sure that I have no method of communications for a week or two. The Sprint service map shows roaming service in DV, so I'd have phone contact. Wendy, it would really be great if you and Mike were able to come also (I'll twist your arms at QZ  :D). Richard and Linda, it would also be great if you came. We have lots of time, I know we'll be working on our schedule into January but am thinking hard about doing DV.

Bernie:

We have always wanted to see Death Valley.  Our only concern is working this in with the QZ Rally and the QZ Gem and Rock show.  We are trying to find out the dates involved, but count us as interested.

And as with Wendy, we'd be glad to offer parasitic privleges on our Hughesway sat if we decide to go.

Smoky

Smoky

As I posted on your QZ query, the Gem Show is the 21st to the 25th. I expect the Forum Pot Luck will be on Saturday the 24th. We could leave either Sunday or Monday, or even later, for DV. Figure an overnite stop in Pahrump at Terribles if we leave early enough.

Looking at my schedule book (why do I have a schedule book if I'm retired?????), we're going to a Coke convention in Buena Park February 11-15 and have reservations at Bolsa Chica before that (February 2-11) so we won't be going to Death Valley after Qtz. Don't know where we're going to be after the Coke convention but thinking of going north.....Buellton and Anderson's split pea soup is sounding mighty good. And we haven't been to Hearst Castle in 20 years.

After the rain we've had here in Anza Borrego, we may need to come back here for the wildflower bloom in the spring. Of course, DV has had rain and may have a great bloom, too.

Wendy
ABDSP

We're sorry you won't be with us in DV. Would love to have you show us all the hidden spots ;D :mad: 

We use our calendar very heavily. Could never remember all of our doctors' appointments, rallies, etc. without it. ;)

Bernie:

Right now count us as 50% possible on a Death Valley trip.  The dates you gave me on the gem show look good for Death Valley,  Still have some other thing to check out.  Want to see if we can get into some of the QA Rockhounder Club lapidary workshops and also coordinating schedule with friends in Havesu.  And still need to get a free moment to check maps.  Will make a final decision a day or so after arriving at QZ.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom