Bad Day but Betty is OK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
While our running errands,I was involved in a car crash, that may have totaled the car. Well I hurt all over  over but they say nothing is broken.  Now we have no car.  They are still assessing whether or not it can be repaired.  I hit a lady in a jeep wrangler broadside,  Screeching on the breaks all the time as she turned right in front of me. It was terrifying and then we hit,  Screaming on the brakes all the way.  steam came up from my car right away.  shut 0ff engine but it kept running.

Lots of very nice people were there.  I called Terry and of course he could not come in the MH to get me.  A very nice lady took him from the MH then she brought  him to  scene of acccident . The police transported him to the hospital.

They buckled me into a neck brace and a headboard  and trotted me off to Lakeland Medical Center via ambulance,  There they and exrayed everything Nothing broken but by nerves,  Good day for a rest .

I am really tired.

Betty

Ps got my groceries back and that was good. Still very tired,  Catch all

Oh, Betty, how awful ! Glad tho that it sounds like you're ok. Rest up and make Terry take very, very good care of you. We need our Calendar Girl in tip-top condition.

Doncha love driving in Florida?

Wendy

Betty, so sorry to read that!  :(

I hope you check out well, on your injuries. These things happen to the best of people, and we recover, eventually. I hope your recovery is quick.  :)

The car can be repaired or replaced. Bummer, either way! Get back into the swing of things as soon as you can.

Very best wishes to you.  ;D

Ray  D  ;D

BTW, a bottle or two (or three) of 2-Buck Chuck will make you feel much better.

Wendy

Sorry to hear that Betty, but relieved that you are relatively unharmed. The shock will set in and will take some time to get over. Sorry about the car, but that can be replaced.

Really sorry to hear about your accident.  Sure hope nothing is damaged permanently.  You probably will be just fine, but it will take a little to get over.

Ask Terry if he wants to use the Montero. (haha)

Betty,

I'm so sorry; but am so grateful that you are OK.  You will probably be very sore for a while.  Take good long naps and take it easy.  Remember my recommendation to Chris Jones after the horse trail ride in Moab to help her not be so sore:  2 alleve and a glass of wine.  I'm not sure which works better, the Alleve or the wine......Might work for you too.  ;)

Marsha~

Betty:

We hope you are recovered by the time we see you this weekend; and are glad it wasn't any worse.

Oh, crap!  Never a good day when bad things happen to good people.  :mad:

Hang in there and let us know how things are going.  If we can do anything to help you .... (don't you just hate platitudes).  BUT, sincerely, if we can do anything to help you, please just say the word.  We're so glad you are OK.

Margi

Hi Betty

Thankfully, you seem OK - fingers crossed for you.

I guess this isn't a trip log you'll be keen to journal - but the one where Terry does the ironing, cooking, hoovering etc while you recouperate will make for a pretty good read Im sure  ;D

Get well soon.

Paul

Hi Betty,

We are so very glad you will be ok. Arlyne & I will keep you in our thoughts and hope you recover quickly. Try to look on the bright side, if you don't have to tow the car you should get better fuel economy  ;)

Get some rest and keep us informed.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Betty, so sorry to hear of your accident.  You'll have lots of friends around this coming week to help you and Terry with anything you need.  Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Wendy said:
BTW, a bottle or two (or three) of 2-Buck Chuck will make you feel much better.

Wendy,
My bottle of Hydroconone 500mg is doing the trick. ( $13.99 for 18 tablets)  They say don't mix it with  wine and I'm not!  The soreness the second day is even greater.  I sound like and old lady  who can hardly get out of bed.  Oh wait maybe I will just stay there!

Thank you very much to all of my well wishers.  It helps the spirits. The bad part pf this accident is that I keep running the scene through my head over and over.  A lady ran a red light and it was over before I had much time to react other than to see it coming. Not much consulution that they gave her citation. Makes me nervous to drive again.....after all othe meds are done.

So far both insurance folks have been good to deal with.  It is early.  We have Progressive and she has Travelors.  Progressive sent us out our claim form online, which I thought was impressive.  Especailly without inability to readily get mail. They say there is a lesson in every event and I'm still looking for this one.  It will come to me I'm sure when I am no longer so sore.

Betty

Betty.. I recall one day heading to my part time job.. I stopped for my morning cup of 40 weight coffee (Amoco Station had free refills for life.. or till October whichever came first, long story)  Noted I had over 20 minutes to make a 10 minute drive so I was driving nice and gentle, got up to perhaps five MPH below the speed limit and the lady turned left right in front of me.

Other than nobody got hurt you know the next part of the story

Well.. I landed in a body shop parking lot, she in the store lot across the street.. By the time the officer got there we had our estimates for the insurance claim all done and everything.

RVOA said:
I guess this isn't a trip log you'll be keen to journal - but the one where Terry does the ironing, cooking, hoovering etc while you recouperate will make for a pretty good read Im sure  ;D

Paul,

So far you have called it.  The night he brought me home from emegency he stopped for a bucket of KFC and let me have first pick.  I picked the drumstick (which I never do) and he did not complain.  This morning he made the bed all by himself.  The bending twisting motions of making a bed are not yet in my repetoire.  He has given me lots of space without hovering.  Last night he set table for dinner and brought out my favorite left overs.  All in all he is doing very well with my care and feeing.  I'm proud of him.  And boy was I glad to see him in the hospital! I wanted to make sure he was not at all mad at  me for wrecking the car.
Betty

Thanks so much for asking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom