Bad Day but Betty is OK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The good thing is that you are ok and now you will get a new toad. 
After having a similar accident years ago, I now look both ways at each intersection as I approach. 

Glad you are well!

Betty, dear, YOU didn't wreck the car, the lady who turned in front of you did. And just think how scary it was for Terry, having to get you at the hospital ! I bet you'll be sore for awhile yet but thank goodness nothing's broken (well, except the car).

BTW, if you just stay in the bed, then no one has to make it :) Rest up.

Wendy

Sorry to hear about the accident, but happy that you are ok.  But at our age, I'm sure there will be lots of reminders through aches and pains in the weeks to come.  I take it you were almost ready to start heading west, this could easily delay that.  In any event, you'll likely be long gone by the time Donna and I hit Florida mid December.
    Take it easy, re-cooperate fully before you try anything streneous like another jet boat cruise.  Oh yah, thanks for tanking the Canadian dollar after you left, I won't blame you for the stock market. ;D

Ed

Betty,

Glad you didn't break anything, but bruises, etc can hurt a lot. 

Several years ago I was "T-boned" by a women running a red light.  Fortunately, several people who saw the crash gave me their names and phone numbers, because she told her insurance company I had turned in front of her while she had the green light.  Her insurance company told me later that I had really good witnesses.

Rest up and let Terry do some of those pink jobs!

Jeannine

Betty, if Progressive treats you as well as they did us, you'll be fine.  When we totaled the Ranger, they paid out more than it was worth on a trade in and even paid for the ruined tow plate.  Don't forget to add that in along with any lamp wiring.

Dear Betty,

Just found out about your accident.  That's the pits, to put it mildly!  But, as Tom said, the car can be replaced and you can't so we're both just happy that you're okay albeit on the sore side.  Speaking from experience I can verify that you will be very sore for a while.  You'll recognize muscles you haven't known in 20-30 years!  Accidents like this are scary to go through and you'll be really wary for a long time, but that will ease off eventually.  However, 40 years after being rearended I STILL look in the rear view mirror when slowing down to stop for a traffic light which, considering this town's red light runners, isn't such a bad idea.

Take care, get lots of rest, and let Terry do it all for a while.  Your framily loves you!

Hugs,
ArdraF and JerryF

Sorry to hear of your accident and we are glad you came through it so well.  Take care and be sure to check back with the Dr in a week or so.  It took 2 weeks for my daughter's injuries to show up so be careful till you are sure all is well for the future too.

Best to both of you in trying times

Pat & Jim

I hope you will be as pleased with Progressive as we recently were.  We lost our awning in October in a largely unpredicted, very heavy, rainstorm.  We had replaced the canvas two years ago, but the hardware was original (1995).  We were anticipating some proration, but they paid 100% for the new awning, hardware and installation.  When we rejected their choice of repair shops, they immediately agreed to a more convenient shop with a better reputation among locals.

Margi

So sorry to hear about your accident, what a helpless scary feeling you must have felt. Thank heavens for EMTs and good samaritans showing up just when you need them most. Wishing you a speedy recovery, take good care of yourself with Terry's help of course.  Hope to see you at Quartzsite.

Jan and Tim

Hi Betty,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Really glad to hear you are not seriously injured. If you need anything we are only a couple of hours away!!! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Betty,

Very sorry to hear about your accident and very happy that you're ok.  Terry can buy you a new car.

Joel

Last night on the way to dinner someone did exactly the same thing right in front of me - made a right turn across three lanes from the left-most lane.  Luckily both of us in the two left lanes were able to brake quickly and no one was close in the right-most lane.  What a crazy thing to do!  All to make an illegal right turn.  It's like people lose all sanity when they get behind the wheel of a car.

ArdraF

Remember on this side of the pond we drive on the left. So you will have to work it out. To make it easier I could reverse the left/right items. But because the dollar costs 25% more than a year ago, I have got the hump :( :( :(
White van man along (the right, your left) side of my artic (semi) ,at a traffic signal, waiting to enter a roundabout ( ? go figure). Lights change, He hares off, I notice he has a right signal flashing, veers left, I try to make my left turn, he makes a left so late he hits the kerbing on the right. Why ? 'Cos he didn't see me. ( Should have gone to spec savers ha ha ) Easy to miss I suppose, the truck is only 45-48 ft long.
Derek

As the others have said, sorry about what happened, but happy to hear you're still in one piece.  I was glad to talk to you yesterday and hear your voice to convince myself that all was as well as could be expected.  As Jim said, watch for future signs of something going wrong.  Hopefully, it won't.  Hope Terry is still being the good husband and nursing you back to health.  We are both hurting with you, so that should take a little of the pain away.  ;D

Daisy and Fred

Back in my police dispatcher days I always suggested people needing to call the spouse after an accident to get a ride do so themselves (unless there was a time factor) as.. Well.. I can tell them "Your wife/husband/loved one is OK, not hurt, just needs a ride" but... Well.. Are they going to believe me or are they going to hear "This is the state police" and think "Dead" (We don't telephone if they are dead.. We knock on the door)

Of course it did not help in one case that I was telling him to pick up his wife at the hospital (The diner in the hospital served some good food.. Still does for that matter (had lunch there a few months ago) and the accident was about 200 yards from the ER entrance, it was the nearest coffee shop)

That one I called him BACK  a few minutes later to make sure he did not need a ride to the same facility.

I should point out.... I've gotten a few of those calls over the years myself so I know where of I speak.

Daisy said:
As the others have said, sorry about what happened, but happy to hear you're still in one piece.  I was glad to talk to you yesterday and hear your voice to convince myself that all was as well as could be expected.  As Jim said, watch for future signs of something going wrong.  Hopefully, it won't.  Hope Terry is still being the good husband and nursing you back to health.  We are both hurting with you, so that should take a little of the pain away.   

To Daisy and Fred and all of my well wishers,
I am so sore.  The color of the bruises are  just starting to come out and I'm going off the Ativan which maade me very loopy.  I still need the vicodan for pain in rib area to move and breathe.  Terry is being wonderful.  He washed a full sink of dishes,  made supper  3 nights in a row and even helped me with a load of wash in my new washer/dryer combo.   This healing up is going to take sometime I can tell.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
The color of the bruises are  just starting to come out and I'm going off the Ativan which has had me very loopy.  Still need the vicodan for pain ...

So sorry to read of your accident, Betty. Have been in a few over the years -- and recall that moment must before the inevitable impact. Such a helpless feeling. But it sounds like you are on the road to recovery and in good care.

Loopy is sometimes not too bad, actually.  :) During my 2 hip replacement surgery recoveries over the past year, it was discovered I am allergic to Vicodin. At first I thought of that as a bummer -- but the substitute turned out well. It worked in three phases. First, the pain was reduced, then I started acting silly -- and finally fell asleep. I have very little pain now -- but miss those fun pills.  :)

Take care and will look forward to seeing you both at QZ . . . 

We've been out-of-town for a few days and just heard of your accident.  We know what a shock that can be, but are relieved that you are okay.  We trust & pray that the healing will be swift and the mental trauma will fade over time.

Frank & Cheryl

Betty and Terry --

Just now reading about your misfortune.  So sorry to hear about it, but relieved to read that you are in one piece and making a recovery.

The silver lining (for you) is that you'll discover that Terry has hidden talents on the pink side and things may never be the same again.....

Hope you continue to heal quickly.

Don and Mary Ann

you'll discover that Terry has hidden talents on the pink side

I really hope your soreness doesn't stop you from holding a camera.

We can't wait to see those shots  ;D

Paul

Back
Top Bottom