08 Silverado 3500 brake question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelser01

Can anyone tell me about the integrated trailer brake controller in this truck?  Ive been searching several sites and cant seem to find any info on what type it is, or any feed back on those who have used it.

Thanks!

I have an 07 2500 Silverado with the intregrated trailer brake controller.  I can't tell you what brand or kind it is; but that we have used it when pulling our horse trailer and I LOVE it.  It can be adjusted fairly easily.  I do remember that something needed to be connected in the engine compartment so that the brake controller, the running lights and emergency brake recharger in the trailer would work.  It was a connector that was tucked away and needed to be connected.

I'm guessing you also have the tow/haul option on your truck.  With that and the integrated brake controller, it was a dream to haul 8,000 lbs of horses and tack up and down a mountain grade and on the interstates.  I also love the manual shift on the steering column.

Marsha~

Thanks for the feedback.  That is pretty much what I would like to do with it minus the mountains :)

Here is the only blurb about it I can find online "Silverado HD trucks are now available with an integrated trailer brake controller with instrument panel-mounted controls. Integrated with the ABS system, the controller provides immediate and measured brake force signaling to electric-controlled trailer brake systems. Since it?s fully integrated with the vehicle?s ABS and electric systems, there is no requirement for external and/or aftermarket brake control systems ? response is coordinated with the application of the vehicle brakes."

kelser01 said:
Here is the only blurb about it I can find online "Silverado HD trucks are now available with an integrated trailer brake controller with instrument panel-mounted controls. Integrated with the ABS system, the controller provides immediate and measured brake force signaling to electric-controlled trailer brake systems. Since it?s fully integrated with the vehicle?s ABS and electric systems, there is no requirement for external and/or aftermarket brake control systems ? response is coordinated with the application of the vehicle brakes."

That's pretty much how ours works.  We have a control button that are built into the dash just under the steering wheel.  I can manually work the trailer brakes if need be.  There are "scroll" through dash commands that will tell you at what setting you have the trailer brakes set for.  You can increase or decrease the amount of gain or brake application.  I usually have to do that when I go from 3 horses down to one.  I don't need as much braking for the lighter load.  I'm used to that with the old stand alone-under dash mounted brake controller.

FWIW, we had US Gear braking system put in on our motorhome for our tow vehicle.  The one reason I really like US gear is because it works a bit like my trailer brakes.  I can control what is going on.... ;D

Marsha~

will that braking system work with electric over hydro brakes too? the first ford's didn't, not sure if the new ones do or not? kevin

Back
Top Bottom