Flexpro (spl) roof coating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

I knew I was going to need to reseal around some of the vents and such. I have been told about a product called Flexpro not sure if this is the spelling but has anyone heard of this. Suppose to be able to brush on and dries to a water tight seal with a 10 year guarantee againts leaks.
CORRECTION the product is Flexpro.

Flexpro would probably work but it is not designed for use on EPDM rubber roofs. See their product literature at http://www.paintdocs.com/webmsds/webPDF.jsp?SITEID=CPC&prodno=05-417&doctype=PDS&lang=2

A product such as Dyco 20/20 that is designed for rubber roofs might be a better choice. See http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-roofs/381475.htm.

Thanks for the info link. I have a fiberglass roof and the rv shop recommended the Flexpro due to it being fiberglass. I do not see fiberglass listed at that link so maybe I need to rethink it. What wouid be a good fix for the fiberglass roofs? A good automotive sealer was what I was going with at first until the RV shop recommended the Flexpro stuff.

I saw a skylight that had been re caulked with self leveling caulk other than that recommended.  The skylight was crazed severely.  I was told by the owner that he was told it was caused by using the wrong caulk.  I sure wouldn't want that to happen on our coach.

I did have an inaccurate spelling, the product is ProFlex and seems to be a pretty standard application for fiberglass as well as rubber. It contains a fiber fill that acts something like a thin sheeting of fiberglass if I am reading correct. You can perform patch work with this compound the same as using the fiberglass patch. What I fof esd use a caulk tape to form a gasket under the roof top fan vent put new caulk around that and then after that cures coat the surface with the Proflex to form a barrier. I will be using this ( weather permitting ) over the Thanksgiving week-end. I have already replaced and recaulked one of the 4 plumbing vents as well as the main fan vent. Next 3 more plumbing vents, 1 bathroom vent fan, 3 antennas, 1 spot light, refrigerator exhaust vent, tv antenna and so on and so on, and a partridge in a pear tree. I will be a lot more happy with new caulk and a good seal. And what better time than nice warm fall week-ends.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom