Attention rugby fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom,

You just had to make me start the day crying and get homesick to boot?????                Thank you..............

Mariekie

Thought you'd get a little homesick Mariekie. Didn't mean to make you cry though  :(

I'll be watching more of the Bokke' games on this tour. They play England at Twickenam on November 22, the same day Wales plays the New Zealand All Blacks in Cardiff, and the USA plays away to Japan. Our DVR will be busy that day.

For fans wanting to follow the various tours, fixtures, and results, here's the International Rugby Board web site.

Another win for the Bokke:

Scotland 10  RSA 14

Thank you Tom.

Just curious, which channel on TV do you watch the games?

Mariekie

Mariekie,

The games are on Setanta Sports (DirecTV channel 621).

England beat the Pacific Islanders (combined team - Fiji, Samoa and Tonga), but they'll need to step up their game to have a prayer against the Springboks at Twickenham tomorrow (11/22).

Thank you Tom - Will definitely watch some of the matches. My poor husband will curse you for starting all of this!!

Mariekie

Say...how about that Alabama "Crimson Tide"  football team?  ;D  I love college football.
Sorry, just couldn't help myself, the fingers just took over the keyboard.   

Marsha~
Alabama born and bred

Mariekie will be happy with this result. The Bokke walked all over England at Twickenham in their 13th international test, and their last game before heading home to South Africa. They played like the rugby world champions they are. The result:

England 6   RSA 42

I can't wait for the 6-nations championships to start in January. On this form, England will likely win the wooden spoon in the upcoming season. Max Boyce will have a field day.

YEAH!!!!!GO BOKKE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right Tom, right now I am grinning from ear to ear and so proud of the Springbokke, I can burst.
In South Africa they take rugby very serious and remember, those guys play for the love of the game and not for money.........there are hardly any monetary benefits for those players, to speak of.

Mariekie

TOM,
do you watch any american teams? Friend of my mom's has a son who has played in what I would call maybe double a, but just signed on with a team outta St. Louis Mo. not sure the name though.. he is supposed to be very good, his dad is abou 6'6 325, he is about ...well just a big ole boy. names Mark Trumble. let me know if you see any of those games. kevin

Kevin,

I watch the US Eagles, usually in the rugby world cup games. Don't watch local/club games.

Kevin,

If you are interested in American Rugby, go to www.americanrugbynews.com They have a very good website for the local angle on rugby.

Mariekie

Wales played a disappointing game against the All Blacks at the Millennium Stadium. Wales were dominant in the first half, but were outplayed in the second half, in addition to giving away unnecessary penalties.

Wales: 9  NZ: 29

:(

Headline in Yahoo Sports:

All Blacks up against France, England face Scots in 2011 Rugby World Cup

Wales defeated the Australian Wallabies at the Millennium stadium in the last test of the Fall tour. Australia put up a good effort in the second half but, despite Stephen Jones uncharacteristically missing several goal attempts, Wales came through.

Wales 21  Australia 18

Just saw that England lost miserably to New Zealand at Twickenham. Haven't watched this game yet, but it's waiting on the DVR.

England 5  New Zealand 32

Next weekend it's a return to club rugby, with the Heineken Cup. A number of teams compete Friday and Saturday, including Llanelli Scarlets away to Ulster, and Ospreys home to Benetton Treviso. Fixtures list at the Heineken Cup web site. Whoopee for the Setanta Sports channel.

8)Tom and the rest of the Forum Rugby fans, I have some Rugby news for you. February 14 & 15 is the USA Sevens Tournament in San Diego. This is the largest International Rugby Tournament in the USA and a very exciting one at that!!!

For more information go to this website: www.usasevens.com

Mariekie

Thanks Mariekie.

FWIW the 6-nations (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, England) tournament is on right now. However, since I receive the broadcasts delayed by a day or two, my family and friends in the UK have promised not to tell me any results. I can't wait to watch the Scotland v Wales game that was played yesterday and which airs on DTV channel 621 this evening. I have several other games set to record also.

Another FWIW ... one of my uncles was the trainer for our village rugby team when I was a kid. I'd seen a photo of him with the team hanging in a doctor's office sometime in the 70's. (The photo was shot during the 1948-49 season). The doctor was a supporter of the local team and, at some point had donated the photo for display somewhere. After numerous years of trying to locate a copy, a couple of years ago I found the original that had survived smoke damage when my cousin's house had caught fire some time in the 80's.

My uncle is standing on the right of the middle row (short sleeve white shirt and sweater). The original has all the names on the bottom of the surrounding mat. I recognize some of the faces and names as fathers or uncles of guys I went to school with. The guys playing at the international level today are a little bigger  ;D

As they say in Wales, rugby is in the blood.

Attachments

• Cwmafan_RFC_1948-49_sm2.jpg
    Cwmafan_RFC_1948-49_sm2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom