EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: FOOL'S TRIP  (Read 9484 times)

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »
Well, it's Amtrak!  :-\

She just confirmed a reservation and paid for it, on Amtrak.

Boise to SLC by Shuttle. Amtrak, California Zephyr to Galesburgh, Ill. Private room for two. Switch to Southwest Chief, back to Kansas City. Bus to OK City. Reverse is simply reverse of schedule. (I hope it's "simply.") Would be nice if this works as advertised. It would be a first.

She has used the shuttle several times, before. It has been the only reliable part of her various trips on Amtrak. Jasper has his own seat, on the shuttle and on the bus, both ways, between K.C. and OK C. Ranks right up there. Paid extra for that. (No extra charge on the shuttle.)

She will rent a car and find a motel in OK City. All things equal, she will be gone, two weeks.  ::)

Ardra, you are either very close or right on. I'm not sure.

I have finished chewing the nails on one hand. Saving the other hand for the trip. Have toenails, if it comes to that.  ::)

At least, she'll be camping out in style in her private room, on the train. That part goes well, no matter how late they are. She likes looking out the window when she's not sleeping.  ;D

Ray D

I suspect this is the wrong forum for this question, but - - - -
Integris Medical Center, Southwest, Oklahoma City.
Anybody got a recommendaion for a motel/hotel in Southwest Oklahoma City? Car rental agency? Any other useful stuff?   ???
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:43:17 PM by Ray D »
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 09:00:52 PM »
Good to hear the decision has been made.  Hope she has a great trip.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »
Don, Thanks for picking up on this, The only reason that my  mind triggered on this was an article in yesterday's paper showing A WWII vet and  his  son about to be flown to the WWII memorial from this area with Sen. Dole to greet the plane!

Thanks for jogging my memory. I should have thought of it sooner.

To bad that 05 Cherokee in your sig line isn't a Piper Cherokee.  ;D
Don & Peg
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Hosted by Over The Network