ELK VIEWING RALLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
As most of you know I have posted a few photos of Elk in the Missouri Breaks during their rut season.  This is a neat thing to see 200 - 300 or more wild Elk in one place where the bulls are gathering up their ladies and defending them for other bull elk.  This even takes place mid Sept every year. Sam & I were wondering if others would want to attend a rally here at Sam's Camp to go up and see the elk next Sept.  We do have two full hookup sites and room for several more boondocking RV/s along with a dump station.  Other things we could do is go out and see a couple hundred or so Deer in the wild.

If anybody would be interested let us know.

Ron,

I think it is a great idea.  Is the Chokecherry festival weekend too early??  I believe it is the 2nd weekend in September if I remember correctly.  That would make a lot of fun too!!

James Godward said:
Ron,

I think it is a great idea.  Is the Chokecherry festival weekend too early??  I believe it is the 2nd weekend in September if I remember correctly.  That would make a lot of fun too!!

That might just work out.  I will check and confirm when the chokecherry festival is.  Would be great if it works.

We haven't even decided what we're going to do in the summer, much less September, but it would be fun if we're in the neighborhood.

ArdraF

Ron said:
We thought it would be fun too.  We wanted top mention it early to give folks a chance to plan for it.

Hmmmm. We'll be close by then, in Colorado. Hmmmm.

Regards,
Liz and Jack

If--- that major word, these days-- the economy would sustain my trip back to Montana, that would be a great trip from livingston.

Ron said:
Jack and his grandson Cole have experienced some of the fishing here.

I had to remind them.  Just trying to build interest!! 

We have a great museum here in Bozeman, especially dinosaur related.  The curator was the technical advisor for the Jurassic Park Movies as well as the model for the scientist.

James Godward said:
I had to remind them.  Just trying to build interest!! 

We have a great museum here in Bozeman, especially dinosaur related.  The curator was the technical advisor for the Jurassic Park Movies as well as the model for the scientist.
Good time to visit Big Sky Country.  Other things of interest would be the Lewis & Clark interrupative center and Giant Springs in Great Falls where the shortest river is located.

geodrake said:
ron:
How many boondockers can you feed, a, or, I mean handle?

Maybe as many as 6 maybe more.However if needed there is a free roadside park near the west side of town that will handle more boondockers.  We do have a dump station too here at Sam's Camp.

Between Sam's Camp and the free roadside park I think we can accommodate a dozen or more rigs.  If we need more space I have other possibilities.

The choke cherry festival in Lewistown is held the first weekend after labor day so if anyone is interested we could include that in the possible activities.  Also the Charlie Russell Choo Choo dinner train will be running on weekends which would be another possible activity.

Also if needed there is a campground less than a mile from Sam's Camp if needed.  However, I am pretty sure we can handle more then enough rigs.

Back
Top Bottom