titling out of state from South America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macmac

Hi guys

Keith here, now happily in Arizona in our winter quarters.  Decals stripped incidentally and thanks to all who contributed to my earlier query.

From my own website I've been contacted by Alain Fabre,  [email protected]  who asked me to help with his problem below.  It's outside of my knowledge or experience.

You can either reply directly to him or through myself if you wish.

"Please forgive the writing mistakes of a French living in a Spanish speaking country.

I am starting to have the same kind of time organisation as yours:part time in the USA, in France and in Ecuador.

I have bought a used MH in Vermont, I have an address in Texas from SKP and my question is : how to proceed for titling the MH in TX by mail from Ecuador (I am in Ecuador till December 11, when I'll be back to the USA). Knowing that the temporary plate from Vermont is out of date, I have to title the MH before going on the road. Thank you for your help. Alain"

As a new resident, he can only register in person.  See this page for all vehicle registration information.  Quoting from that page:

If you are a new resident or your registration has expired, you can only register in person.

If he bought from a dealer, the dealer should be able to give him a temporary dealer plate that would allow him to get the motorhome to Livingston for registration.

Hi Ned,
Thanks a lot for your well documented answer from which it results that, at the contrary of what I have been told before , I cannot title my MH on line in TX.
The problem I have now is that next time I'll be in the USA will be in December for 2 weeks only. The MH is stored near Miami and obviously in this short period, I'll not have the time to go from Miami to Livingston and proceed to the necessary steps. I could do that during the following trip in February during which I'll stay 6 weeks, meanwhile I have to find a provisional solution for December. ???

Titling in Florida (using the direction of a friend of mine living there) in December and transferring it later in TX would it be an acceptable solution?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alain

Alain

If you are not actually living (and I believe paying taxes) in the USA then I would think you could set-up an LLC in Montana and register/title the RV there.

That way its all done by mail with the tags being sent to you rather than you needing to take the RV somewhere.

Speak with RV Consulting and ask them the questions.

Paul
[edit]Fixed broken URL[/edit]

Paul,
Thanks a lot for your advice.
I'll inform about this option. Could you be kind enough to give me the another way to contact the adviser you mentionned in your post (the link does not work).

Alain

Alain, try the link again, I fixed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom