HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FitzGeralds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations Jerry and Ardra.  If we were around, we'd take you to dinner to celebrate.  Enjoy yourselves and Happy Anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JERRY AND ARDRA and may you have many more.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Happy Anniversary Jerry & Ardra.!!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] 

Wish we could help you celebrate!

Thanks folks.  It's amazing that it has been 46 years and believe me they were GREAT years and will continue to be!

Jerry

A belated Happy Anniversary from Mike and Wendy.....46 years, huh? Time flies when you're having fun.

Wendy
Death Valley

Happy Anniversary Jerry and Ardra. 

It's hard to believe you two "youngsters" are old enough to have been married 46 years.  :D

Tom and Margi

Aw, shucks, folks.  Thank you all for your kind wishes.  It's hard to believe how many years it's been, but I guess when they're good they go by pretty fast.  We are so fortunate that they have been such good years, and now we're looking forward to more of the same!

Yes, Marsha, December 1, 1962 in Reno, Nevada.  May I relate our wedding story?  My parents put me on an airplaine in Detroit and I flew out west to meet Jerry who was already working in California.  The plan was to meet in Reno and get married there, but December weather being what it is, my plane had to put down that night in Denver where we were bused to a motel so we could get a few hours of sleep.  For some reason the box containing my wedding gown wasn't in the Denver luggage area and, as you might guess, I was in tears over that.  It eventually showed up by the next morning so that hurdle was over and I felt somewhat better.  Our group of about 20 passengers from Detroit all got back on a plane the next day, but then we couldn't land in Reno because of the bad weather there and the plane went to San Francisco instead.  On that flight we had really severe turbulence over the Sierra.  I was very inexperienced at flying in those days and was absolutely terrified.  My seat mate was a doctor and a pilot who tried to reassure me that "it's always like this" and seeing how nervous I was kept saying, "Are you sure you don't want a tranquilizer?"  I was so thankful to land at SFO!  I then called Jerry who said he was just leaving for the airport.  We met there and he gave me my engagement ring there in the lobby of the San Francisco airport.  Then we flew on separate planes to Reno where I was picked up by family friends who had promised my parents they'd make sure it was a proper and legal marriage (as 60 Minutes had noted a short time previously some of the wedding chapels back then weren't exactly on the up and up).  Much to my relief Jerry finally arrived, we got a marriage license, and the wedding was at the Park Wedding Chapel across from the Courthouse.  Jerry's best man worked for none other than Bill Harrah so we all went to Harrah's for a nice wedding feast.  Half way through dinner Mr. Harrah stopped by our table and we were introduced to him, whereupon he called someone over and said "This dinner is on me."  What a nice gesture!  So, that was our wedding adventure.  I was late for my own wedding, thanks to the weather.  Also, you know how it's supposed to be unlucky for the bride and groom to see one another on their wedding day?  Well, don't believe it.  We've had wonderful luck!

Ardra

True love will prevail over all obstacles.  Congratulations, Ardra and Jerry.

Terry, thanks for a great laugh!  No, it wasn't arranged, nor did he pick me out of a catalog.  Just had a mutual friend who got us together and the rest is history!

Others, you're welcome.  Glad you liked our adventure.  I've always said there's never a dull moment when living with Jerry and I guess it started BEFORE!

ArdraF

Happy anniversary Jerry and Ardra and I wish you many more years to come.
We had our 50' st. this past April.

chris & Mimy

Chris and Mimy - WOW!  There are a select few here who have made it to the 50th.  That's wonderful.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom