Country Coach skips RVIA show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
An article in the The Registerguard reports that Country Coach chose not to have a presence at the RVIA show in Louisville, KY last week. It appears that none of the CC dealers attended either.

Some folks are trying to use this as evidence of CC's near death rattle. I've also seen allegations that some dealers in Colorado are refusing to do CC warranty work because they are not being paid by CC, but no first hand reports or published articles to substantiate that in any way.

I read it as "we're saving our money". They also said their dealers can't get funding to buy more coaches. I wonder how they intend to stay in business if they can't sell to their dealers? I guess I don't understand the business.

Bob Livingstone (RV Business) felt it was a mistake for them not to attend the show.

Tom said:
I read it as "we're saving our money". They also said their dealers can't get funding to buy more coaches. I wonder how they intend to stay in business if they can't sell to their dealers? I guess I don't understand the business.

Bob Livingstone (RV Business) felt it was a mistake for them not to attend the show.

Big shows are very expensive to participate in, but those not showing are doing nothing but waving the "white flag" of surrender.  Their potential customers and dealers will begin looking elsewhere for their next coaches.  Even a smaller display is better than no display.

We went through this as farm equipment wholesalers in the early '80s......it was tough doing the shows, but we kept our banner flying in front of the public.  When things improved, we were in the driver's seat while many others went under.

The RVIA show is for dealers only, no "public". CC has been advertising their new Veranda models in RV magazines and its been on tv a couple times that I know of.

CC wasn't the only one who didn't show up.  Attendance at the this years RVIA show fell drastically to 8,427 versus 13,694 in 2007.  If the dealers weren't there looking at new product, who do you wave the flag to?

Since the RVIA show is for dealers only I think CC is making a wise choice.  They can use some of their dollars not spent on the RVIA show toward more effective advertising.

RV Roamer said:
CC wasn't the only one who didn't show up.  Attendance at the this years RVIA show fell drastically to 8,427 versus 13,694 in 2007.   If the dealers weren't there looking at new product, who do you wave the flag to?

If you are there waving your flag, word will get around to the dealers who weren't there....we used to do "dealer only" shows, too.....ya gotta be there for the ones who do attend...in fact lightly attended shows used to produce as well for us as the busier ones because we could spend more quality time with each dealer.

Back
Top Bottom