need 110 outlets in more practical locations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I have three ceiling outlets.  The one in the kitchen is so far back in a corner, I can barely reach it.  I have a permanent extension cord hanging from it.  All power cords hang from these ceiling outlets.  Needless to say, it's unsightly. 

Are there any suggestions for creating outlets in more practical locations?

--pat

You could plug an outlet strip into the outlet and fasten it to the wall.  I put one under the desk to handle all the miscellaneous wall warts for cell phone chargers, computer peripherals, etc.  Just don't let the extra outlets temp you into overloading the circuit.

Like Ned suggests I have a couple of permenate power strip mounts.. Just be sure to inspect the cords often

you can also run your own wires and mount outlets where you need, however how easy or hard this will be to do I can't say.. I've only done it one twice in RV's and both of those were "outdoor" outlets.

You can also get surface mount wiring kits at places like Lowes or Home Depot. They are designed for adding outlets where it is difficult to get behind walls. They are available in ivory or tan colors or can be painted to whatever you like.

Look for the WireMold brand, it comes in lots of configurations for surface mounting outlets and routing the wiring.

This is something we looked for in our camper as we went through step-by-step what we would do each time we arrived at it for the weekend...you can never have too many outlets, coolers, or flashlights!

I am using power strips in two places.  They are never overloaded, since I'm overly conscious of blowing a circuit and then having to figure out how to reset it.  I never run the space heater above medium, and it's always turned off if another major appliance is needed, such as toaster, microwave, electric cooker of some kind.  None of them looks very nice, but can't be helped in a small place.  I hate to wall mount, considering how much I change my mind about where to put things.  Too many holes.

--pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom