Winnebago Industries will be keeping an eye on us here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Canfield

Site Team
I am delighted to report that my contact (and friend) at Winnebago Industries will be dropping by every now and then to see what's going on with their products (and us) in this forum.  They are very concerned with continuous product improvement and this is yet another example of that commitment.  He probably won't be actively participating, but he will be data gathering.

Good to know John, thanks. Personnel from any manufacturer are always welcome here.

John, thanks for notifying someone at Winnebago about this new forum.  I know they listen to their customers.

I have nothing but good to say about winnie.  They stand behind their product even when they don't have to. I wont buy anything but a winnie.  Unfortunately I also own a workhorse who IMO couldn't care less for their cust after the sale.

Winnebago has by and large, taken good care of their customers.  I also have a warm and fuzzie about Freightliner - maybe this a good time to consider moving up to a Freightliner pusher  ;)

John Canfield said:
Winnebago has by and large, taken good care of their customers.  I also have a warm and fuzzie about Freightliner - maybe this a good time to consider moving up to a Freightliner pusher  ;)
I am and have been looking for awhile. I was looking hard at the gas ufo but after the problems I've had with workhorse and the problems they are having with their ufo there's no way I would but a wh product.  This is not being said to trash wh but is simple the truth as it pretains to me. I'm also looking at the ford ch but a diesel is what I'm dreaming of. But it will have to have a winnie box that's for sure.

I agree, my FL has been great.  And after attending Camp Freightliner you really get a feeling for how seriously FL takes their MH chassis.  Considering the size of FL, the time and effort that goes into each MH chassis is impressive.  If I ever move into a different MH, it will be FL.

Sarge

Winnebago does it right.  We previously had two other motorhomes from another manufacturer - we finally got it right this time.

Hi Dave - glad to have you drop by our little 'corner' here.  I'll have to defer first-person opinions about other manufacturers since this is the first RV we have ever owned, but I did months of research and looked at many models from the major manufacturers that were in our price range (and some that weren't.)  I'm very satisfied with our choice and have zero regrets about our buying decision.  I will say I think I could have been a happy camper in an Allegro Bus or a Dutch Star, but again, no regrets about our choice.

I have been infatuated with the View and Navion ever since I saw them - what a really, really neat design and great execution of that idea.  If I am ever in the market to downsize, it would probably be to a View or Navion.

John Canfield said:
I have been infatuated with the View and Navion ever since I saw them - what a really, really neat design and great execution of that idea.  If I am ever in the market to downsize, it would probably be to a View or Navion.

Hey John - if you ever drive one, you'll be hooked.  There ain't nuthin' like a "Skinny Winnie".

John Canfield said:

Me too!  I am very interested in the View 24A with the full wall slideout.

And, WELCOME DAVE!

I am so glad to find this website.
I am hopes of getting some help from anyone from Winnebago.
I own a 2004 Journey.  We have had nothing but problems since 20,000 miles.  Freightliner problems, but mostly Cummins.  The turbo charger has been replaced many times.  We thought they had it fixed, but getting ready to leave for a trip the end of this month, the check engine light came on, again.  Apparently, problems with the trubo charger.  As previously stated, this has been an ongoing problem since 20,000 miles.  We purchased the Jouney new.  Our warranty was up the end of February. 
We certainly didn't expect to spend our retirement with our new coach like this.  Not to mention the money spent.
I feel that it was manufactured by Winnebago, and rolled off of their assembly line, and hopefully inspected from top to bottom, Winnebago shares responsibility.
If anyone can help us with our ongoing problem, your time will be greatly appreciated.
Please reply with phone numbers or e-mail.

Hi and welcome!

I'm sorry you apparently discovered us out of a sense of frustration with your rig.  Usually by the second or third year of ownership, those kinds of problems have been dealt with.  Naturally I can't speak for Winnebago Industries (or Freightliner or Cummins.)  There was a guy a while back with a Cummins ISL that had apparently a turbo problem.  Cummins replaced it and that one blew.  It was a bad diagnosis by Cummins and there was another problem that was eating the turbos.  As I remember the story, he had a bit of trouble working with Cummins (and a lot of frustration.)

Send me an email with your rig serial number, and contact info (click on the little 'letter' icon under my picture) and I'll forward your info to my contact at Winnebago Industries.

Realize this is an extremely difficult  environment for businesses and they might say "sorry - you're out of warranty."  Anyway - let's see what happens.

John, pardon me for butting in. Your E-mail (letter) icon ain't there. Gotta keep you on the straight.  :p

carson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom