Winnebago Industries will be keeping an eye on us here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we ever trust John again? We forgive you, John. Better late than never, I guess.  ;D

carson

That's good to know!
We just recently took delivery on our 5th Winnie product.
It's a 2010 Itasca Meridian V Class bunkhouse and we have just begun to get a feel for everything in it.

Ed & Maureen
Billerica, MA

Congratulations!!

I can honestly say that with all of the turmoil in the RV industry, I'm a happy camper with a Winnebago Industries product.  They have been around for a long time, and will most likely be around long after we hang up the keys  ;D

I am glad to hear it.  Someboy has to keep an eye on us.

I do hope he does read here, not that it will help in all cases. I purchased a new 2010 Adventurer in July, from my retirement kitty, put 1,300 miles on it driving from Prescott, AZ to our new home in TX. It's been in a Winnebago "authorized" repair facility for 9 weeks now, with no sign of being returned, for a laundry list of warrantee items found on the way down here. The facility says Winnebago isn't authorizing some repairs, bubbling paint on the beltline, rotten egg smell and foaming water from faucets, levelers not going down, a dash ratcheting sound so loud I can't hear the engine start, then being told "we're not sure what it is, just watch the tach sir", and more were on the list, some have been fixed. I don't think I'd buy another Winnebago product after all this. Unfortunately I put $80k down, otherwise they could have it back. We went the summer without it. The nearest 'real' Winnebago dealer is several hundred miles from my home, it's not an option to go there for repairs. It's pretty from the outside, that's a plus...if I sound bitter and frustrated, I am!

Larry, sorry to hear about your problems.  As many will probably chime it that is why many of us buy from dealers that have a rep. of quality service.  Sometimes it is difficult when you are shopping based on price alone.  Hope the "authorized" dealer can get you taken care of.

Larry, I know this is months late, but I feel your pain. We bought a 2011 Winnebago Itasca Reyo the end of October 2011. Since then we have had to be towed once, went into limp mode three times. We have been to the service department at a Mercedes dealer in Louisiana, Alabama, North Carolina, and just this week, twice in one day in Florida. We have also had engine repair visits at Freightliner three times in Connecticut and just this week in Florida. We have had to have a motor replaced in the Kwikee stairs this week. When we get home we have to have the range hood fan repaired or replaced and the refrigerator repaired or replaced. I specifically mentioned my concerns regarding the refrigerator and history of ice build up others have complained about to our Service Rep. Because of problems this week I will have to dispose of medication due to wide temp swings. I have been in touch with Dometic thru our Winn. Serv Rep.

The day after we left for our second road trip, the check engine light came on. We called Mercedes, again and Winn. Customer assistance and road side service for advice. My husband has a hand scanner and after talking to Rod at Winn. we cleared it. It came back a couple days later. We sat at Freightliner for 3 hours for service, only to find out the scanner was 75 miles away at another Freightliner. When we got back into the Reyo. the light was off with nothing being done to it. It came back again outside of Tallahassee. We were scanned, had an update and left the Mercedes service center. The light came on 15 miles later. We returned and the scan gave the same message. Puzzled, the techs added urea as a possible fix. Five minutes out the light came on. Mercedes told us to drive a day or two and see if the light comes off. We are to stop driving if the light starts to flash. What a way to look forward to a drive home. Everyone we tell our experience to says we have a lemon. Winn. doesn't think so. I am starting a blog to let others know of our trials and tribulations. We do get support from Winn. and the person we deal with tries to be very helpful, but one should not have one problem after another like this. We have driven a little under 6K miles and owned this a little over 6 months. We have had coach repairs at camping world twice, an Itasca dealer in Rhode Island, another in Connecticut and an RV dealer in Florida. We have new stairs that failed, faulty refrigerator and range hood etc. I can see this on a cheap unit, not one that cost over 100K. If I owned Winnebago I would be appalled. After reading other's horror stories, the problems seem to be status quo. Let us know how you made out.

We are presently at a large RV Park in Miramar Fl. We have been approached by and shown our unit to several interested fellow campers. We have warned them to stay away from this product, which is a shame. It should be a great unit for retirees who want a small Class A to travel about our great country.

RO, I agree that you have had horrible luck with new rig that no one should ever have to tolerate. (BTW, I think you meant to say purchased at the end of 2010)  But I do see why Winne would deny that the rig is a lemon. All of your automotive problems originate with the chassis that Winne bought from Mercedes. They show up with just a dash board and Winne builds the body.  And all of the failures that you mention above are products that Winne bought from a supplier and installed in their box.  While that is still way too many failures, it doesn't point at Winne's build quality. 

If the walls were delaminating or the cabinets falling off the walls, it would be a Winne quality issue. But failed parts are just that because all of the parts you mentioned are in all of our rigs that have Winne products.  I agree that you need satisfaction from the manufacturer but you need to find a different approach than being a lemon since none of the failed parts were made by Winne.  Especially if Winne replaced all of the failed parts without argument.  Now the chassis or engine manufactures are a different issue. That's the oddidty of owning a motor home.  Every supplier has their own warranty and responsibility.  The Chassis, Engine, Transmission, and box builder.  You need to direct your efforts towards the correct responsible party. 

Good.  Frankly, I have been immensely disappointed in our 2007 Sightseer.  Almost every time we go out, we have something irritating happen, that requires some minor fix.  There is apparently a design problem with the windshield wipers -- even replacing the motor hasn't fixed it.  It probably is a unit that slipped past quality control on a fluke, since Winnebago has a reputation for quality, but I can hardly wait to get rid of it! (We've been trying to sell it for 2 years.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom