rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: W-20/W-22 Workhorse Chassis Brake Problems?  (Read 110271 times)

02 windsport

• ---
Re: W-20/W-22 Workhorse Chassis Brake Problems?
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:23 AM »
  Just had my recall completed. I love how a recall cost the owner money. I now have a total of $2400 tied up in the repair ($1600 before recall and $800 after). Does anyone know of any means to recoup these expenses????  Small claims court?? Class Action???  The repair facility identified to me that they have had 100's of customers identifying the same concerns. Seems to me that workhorse is side stepping their responsibility by only covering the calipers, when the concern has caused additional damage to the rotors, and sensors. All of which have been replaced on my unit due to this concern.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Though I agree with you that secondary damage should be covered.. I have not the means to pursue it.

The best thing might be to ask your question in IRV2 (The official Workhorse forum) if it does not get you kicked off that is...... If enough folks think alike, Class Action is possible (BUT I do not recommend it)

I will tell you the problem with Class Action.. THE LAWYERS GET PAID FIRST and you get what's left over

Last class Action I was in the issue was a hundred dollar issue.. I got 2 bucks. STORE CREDIT.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

RVLadyL

Workhorse Chassis Recall 50901- C (Caliper)
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

I would be interested in comments from other Winnebago owners that have had the above recall work completed.   During the Bosh Caliper replacement on our rig it also was found that all four rotors were heat cracked and needed replaced along with the pads and seals.  Workhorse has refused to pay for this additional work...stating the rotors were not the cause  Since want to keep using our rig, we paid the out of pocket cost of $1466.56.  I have been reading about this caliper / rotor issue on different RV forums for months / years.  While I am happy WH finally issued the recall, I am very unhappy about their cost coverage.  We all can't have the same problem (cracked rotors, etc.)  and not have the same issue of cause. 

RV LadyLinda
2005 Winnebago 35U

Frank & Vicki

• ---
Re: Workhorse Chassis Recall 50901- C (Caliper)
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »
I had mine done in mid October. I was very pleased with the service center I used as they allowed me into the garage area as they pulled the wheels and examined the brakes. My pads showed about 80% remaining and rotors were in perfect shape -- no scoring or signs of heat. The only thing I had them do was rotate the tires and pull my speed bleeders off the old calibers and install on the new calibers. Total cost to me was $22.
The only issue I had during the 3 or so years I have driven the coach (>20K miles with lots of mountain driving and Alaska and back) was some boiling in the right rear. I have bled my brakes 2 - 3 times over the last 2 years which has eliminated the boiling condition. I expect I will continue the bleeding procedure in the spring of each year.
Frank O.
2006 Itasca Sunrise 35A

RVLadyL

Re: Workhorse Chassis Recall 50901- C (Caliper)
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »
Thanks for your response, FrankO.  We have used the same RV repair facility since we started RVing.  They were great about repairing via the recall above.  Since we only have 35,200 miles on our rig, everyone was suprised that the rotors were also cracked, etc.  The shop took complete photos and sent their comments,  and request for a reimbursment on our behalf.  WH declined.  Of course, we are appealing their response. 

RVLadyLinda
2005 Winnebago 35U

02 windsport

• ---
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
RVLadyL,
  How are you appealing their response???? I am still awaiting the repair facilities response from Workhorse, which they assured me would be denied. Not only is workhorse denying the extra cost to the repairs, but today I received an email from Workhorse identifying that they made a donation in my name to Toys for Tots.   I have no problem with donating to a needy organization, as I do so myself,   but when they send money to an organization for their tax benefit purposes and not support the customers who purchase their products really upsets me  !!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

RVLadyL

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »
Windsport, WH wasted no time denying our claim.  Our repair facility received the return WH email prior our rig leaving the facility.  As to pursuing our repair claim with WH, we have resubmitted paperwork / photos via certified mail.  However, I'm sure that will also be denied.  So...I am collecting information for future use.  Hence, this forum; Good Sam info, etc.  I refuse to believe we (meaning all of us involved) should have to pay out of pocket for additional repairs related to the recalled calipers.  After all, the Bosh caliper / cracked rotor stories date back to 2008, if not earlier, and a recall was forced on WH.  There are instances where WH  paid for all  the repairs so not sure why since the recall, WH is denying these related repair costs.  This work is not elective, it's required for owners to safely drive their rigs.  I am still having nightmares about driving from Oregon (over Grants Pass) to California this fall with my grandson on board....with cracked rotors.

RVLadyLinda
2005 Winnebago 35U