More photo albums added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned's right about the first Centermost Rally being in 1997.  Most of those photos, though, were probably from the 1998 Centermost.  That's the one Joel and Camille attended.  They stayed in a guest house as I think that was before Joel bought his pop-up.

The rally you're thinking about as being before Plymouth was probably the one in Texas.  Ron and Sam Ruward attended that one and can probably fill in some details.  That was the rally that initiated the tradition of banana splits.  Some of the others who attended were Harlan Smith, the Rasures, Joe Frost, the Jordans, CJ.  Also Bill S......  My memory fails me on his last name, but he was quite a character!  :D

Margi

Got the photos Ned, thanks. I'll get them into the gallery.

Thanks Margi. I knew someone would come to my rescue, and guessed it would be you.

The rally you're thinking about as being before Plymouth was probably the one in Texas.

OK, I got confused. In those days I was continually flying around the world and having a tough time getting to rallies. Plymouth was our first, and I still have very fond memories.

Bill Scott?

Yes!  Bill Scott.  How I could forget that unforgetable character is beyond me.  Must be my chronic case of CRS.

Margi

Margi, thanks for confirming I'm not losing my memory :)  I think the photos that Tom had posted previously were from the 1997 rally, mine are from 1998.

Anyone have photos from the first rally in Texas?

Ned:

Tom and I didn't attend the first Centermost, so the picture of me is definitely from the second.  Tom was so ill with bronchitis he only attended the very last coffee and donut hour.

Maybe Ron Marabito can help with the time frame.  As I recall, he helped Barbara Barbera with the planning and logistics for the rallies.

Also, Terry and Betty's wedding date can pin down the date of the second, too.  We were at Akers ranch in Wyoming on our way to CM2when they phoned Lucy to announce that they had married in Las Vegas.  Because Tom was so ill, I drove our motorhome to Estes Park safely tucked between the Akers and Dicks in case I needed help.  (White knuckle time.)  :eek:

Margi

Margi

Margi, your memory is so much better than mine for that year.  I do remember being there, but not much of the details.  I do know I worked on Mr. Vs computer, I was one of the few people Gary Lee would let inside his motorhome :)

Tom and Margi said:
Also Bill S......  My memory fails me on his last name, but he was quite a character!  :D

Margi

Bill Scott, memories,......never met him face to face, but

Ned said:
Margi, your memory is so much better than mine for that year.  I do remember being there, but not much of the details.  I do know I worked on Mr. Vs computer, I was one of the few people Gary Lee would let inside his motorhome :)

More memories.  When was the last sighting of Gary & Mr. V?

The Centermost we attended was the one that celebrated Betty & Terrys wedding.  Gary wasn't there - I'm sure I would have remembered.

Joel

Gary was definitely at the 1998 rally.  Last time I saw him was at QZ 2001.  I do have a photo with him in it from that year.

Tom and Margi said:
Ned's right about the first Centermost Rally being in 1997.  Most of those photos, though, were probably from the 1998 Centermost.  That's the one Joel and Camille attended.  They stayed in a guest house as I think that was before Joel bought his pop-up.

The rally you're thinking about as being before Plymouth was probably the one in Texas.  Ron and Sam Ruward attended that one and can probably fill in some details.  That was the rally that initiated the tradition of banana splits.  Some of the others who attended were Harlan Smith, the Rasures, Joe Frost, the Jordans, CJ.  Also Bill S......  My memory fails me on his last name, but he was quite a character!  :D

Margi

Joe Lacy also attended the rally near Dallas at Lake Lewisville.  The banana splits started when Rasures, Bill Scott, and us took a short ride up to Denton to go to Camping World on the way back we stopped for treats and all ended up with banana splits.  We had a lunch at a Luby's restaurant and there were several more folks that joined us there but I cant recall names.  I do remember that is where several of us seen GPS navigation that one individual had put together riding around in their Winnie Brave watching the track on his laptop.  We also attended a potluck at the Rasures house.  Rasures had not yet bought a RV but did soon after.  I will see if I have any photos.

The folks in the photo at Sam's Camp are from left to right:  Ron and Sam, Audry and Joe Darrigo, Shirley, Some know her as the campground manager, Tom and Chris Jones.  Since we are all in the photo maybe Bert took the photo.

Which album is that Ron? I recall seeing the photo as I was scanning through the albums, but don't know where I saw it. TIA.

Tom said:
Which album is that Ron? I recall seeing the photo as I was scanning through the albums, but don't know where I saw it. TIA.

That was in the group of photos that were not in separate files in the link Joel posted HERE center photo in the bottom row of 5 pictures.  Also the vehicle in the first photo of that row with the wheel hanging up in the air is Jim and Pat Dick on the RIDGE trail.

Ah, OK. I can't change or add anything to Joel's site. When I stumble across the photo in our albums, I'll edit the information. Now where did I put that ...

Just went through the photos.

Centermost 1997.  Definitely at Estes Park Park, Blue Arrow.
   File 12/22 has our blue 30' Lazy Daze in the background.
   File 17/22 is Barb and Frank Barbera.
   File 18/22 is Bob Buchanan with friend.

Quartzsite 2006
   File 41/55 is Jerry FitzGerald and Peter Jasen.  That was at Moab I believe.  I think Peter has only been to our Moab rallies in 2005 and 2006.

Miscellaneous
   File 8/20 is Ardra FitzGerald and Pat Dick.
   File 9/20 was at one of the Centermosts in Estes Park.  Our little blue and white Tracker is in the background.

ArdraF

joelmyer said:
More memories.  When was the last sighting of Gary & Mr. V?

Joel

Has to be at least 5 years ago at QZ. There was something about a gold colored robe or outfit he was wearing, but I can't remember much about the details. Gave him some sort of nickname, d'oro

Thanks Ardra.

File 41/55 is Jerry FitzGerald and Peter Jasen.  That was at Moab I believe.  I think Peter has only been to our Moab rallies in 2005 and 2006.

That site looks much more like QZ than Moab.

Tom, you're absolutely correct!  I even wrote QZ on my note.  Obviously Peter has been at Quartzsite too, not just Moab.  Senior moment???

ArdraF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom