More photo albums added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would expect either the whole zip file to be corrupted or not.  I'll expand the zip file here and see what I can find.  I can zip and upload the individual folders if necessary.

The zip file is fine here.  I didn't download it as a zip file either can be opened or not, and I don't think it's possible for only part of it to be corrupted.  Perhaps someone else can download it and see what they see.

Yes, I was surprised to see that. Strangely I could open the archive and see the all the individual file attributes.

Tom

You are missing lots of the QZ rally's especially the "Millennium QZ Rally" where everyone came to the desert to escape the computer crash... & the Lake Alamo New Years rallies that George & Pam V. hosted for a couple of years.

I have some photos from Alamo Lake New Year 2001-2 and Lake Pleasant New Year 2005-6.  Unfortunately, my QZ pictures start in 2001, none from the Millennium rally.  maybe I should just burn them all (1GB) to some CDs and mail them to Tom :)

[quote author=Terry A. Brewer]You are missing lots of the QZ rally's ....[/quote]

Terry, feel free to pass along any photos and I'll gladly add them. TIA.

maybe I should just burn them all (1GB) to some CDs and mail them to Tom

Ned,

Feel free to do that, but I won't be uploading 1GB of photos. I noticed that many of those in the zip file were 2+Mb each; They'll need to be downsized before uploading to avoid wasting storage.

BTW did you download and unzip that file? Just curious if you saw what I experienced. I wonder if it's something as simple as a file attribute.

I assumed you would resize the photos as you prefer before uploading so I gave you the original image files.

I didn't download it, I was hoping someone else would.  I'm on HughesNet and do have to contend with FAP :)  I can schedule it for later tonight during the FAP free period.

I can resize them, but it will have to be done as time permits.

FWIW I've attached a couple of screenshots taken while viewing two of the four folders after the zip file had been decompressed:

The first shot shows that all but 5 of the thumbnails are intact, one is half there (has an 'X' through it), and the remainder are 0 byte 'thumbnails'. All good thumbnails open to good photos. The 'X' opens to a partial photo, and the remaining 4 don't open. It's like the decompression stopped part way through that 'X' image.

The second shot shows what I see in three of the folders, i.e. all 0 byte 'thumbnails'. None of these open. Looks like none of these images were extracted from the file.

Downloading and decompressing the zip file a second time resulted in identical results. Looks like the process stopped in exactly the same place. As I mentioned earlier, I can open the zip file and see all the file names and file sizes (see the third screenshot), so they're obviously there. But something stops the decompression process part way through, and in the same place each time. Really strange.

Attachments

• Ned_zip_pics1.png
    Ned_zip_pics1.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Ned_zip_pics2.png
    Ned_zip_pics2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Ned_zip_pics3.png
    Ned_zip_pics3.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 14
I downloaded the zip file.

Used winzip and couldn't do anything with the folder SE Rally 2000.

I get an error message..."Bad Zip File Offset (error local header signature not found) disk #1 offset 46266455"

The offset number changes with each file I try to extract.

Folders SE RV Forum Rally 10-07 and SE RV Forum Rally 05-08 were good.

TIMEOUT!!!

After reading what Tom posted with the screenshots I went back and looked at what extracted. Rally 05-08 the folder was created but there is nothing in it. Rally 10-07 I only have the first 14 photos. Nothing else extracted.

Interesting Don. 10-07 is the folder that (almost) worked for me. Looks like it might be a corrupted zip file.

Ned, do you still have the zip file from prior to uploading? Might be interesting to see if it's intact at the source. You already answered that.

Yes, the zip file is corrupt, probably happened during the hour+ FTP transfer via satellite.  I'll resize and package each folder as a separate zip file.  What size would you like, 800x600?

Ned,

800x600 or 1024x768 will work. As you know, CPG will resize them for the gallery, and give the user the option to view full size. So 1024 would be a good compromise between file size and maximizing on today's larger screens, but I'll let you decide.

Do you have a way to bulk resize them? HFWPOH - as I typed that, I realized that the Windows image resizer will do that.

BTW I really appreciated the separate named folders and the named photos. Took all the guesswork out of it for me.

I've uploaded a new zip file with the photos resized to 800x600.  Includes a few New Years rallies as well as the SE rallies from before.  Here's the file.  I downloaded it and tested the archive and it tested ok.

Got it, thanks Ned. Looks like it came down in one piece, and there are some great photos in those folders. I'll get on it sometime today. The chef's been stuck at the kids' place in the mountains when the crews didn't get the snow plows out, so I'm off to cook my own brunch.

Sorry they aren't all labeled, but we only labeled those we uploaded with messages.  Also, Lorna is the photographer for all of the photos, except for those that she's in.

Lorna takes good photos. No problem with the labeling - I seem to get plenty of help when folks recognize someone.

She does have an eye for composition.  None of those photos has been edited at all, we rarely do that other than crop occasionally.

Thanks to Ned and Lorna, we have several additional albums in our gallery, and a number of photos added to existing albums. I'll get names/descriptions added as time permits. Just click the Photos button above to view.

You do need to be logged into the forum to see the albums and photos. If you visit the gallery without first logging into the forum, you'll be redirected to the forum login screen. After logging in, you'll be redirected back to the gallery.

While viewing an album, click on any photo to see a larger image. While viewing an image, click the 'slideshow' icon above the top left corner of the image to see a slideshow of all photos in that album. There's a Stop slide show button immediately below the displayed image. The Home button above the image will return you to the page of albums.

Y'all enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom