More photo albums added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to Margi and Tom Binninger, we now have an album of photos for the New Year 2006 rally at Alamo Lake.

Thanks to Terry Brewer, we have several more albums in the gallery:

Quartzsite Millennium rally.
Thanksgiving 2004 & 2005.
Red Hats at Quartzsite.

Terry has also sent me additional photos of the Quartzsite 2007 rally; These will get added in due course.

Thanks to Jim Dick, we've been able to fill a couple more gaps in rally photos with the following albums:

Highland Orchard, CT, 1997.
Alamo Lake, 2004.

I just noticed an idiosyncrasy with the toolbar at the top of the photo gallery page which might cause some confusion while browsing the various categories and albums ....

If you're viewing an album or a category (such as Forum members' RVs), clicking the Album list button will show you only the albums in that category. To see the albums in all categories, you need to click the Home button. The attached screen shot should make it a little clearer.

Attachments

• CPG_toolbar.png
    CPG_toolbar.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks to Gary Brinck, I've added 6 more photo albums for rallies:

1999 Spring SE Rally at White Oak Creek COE Park, Eufaula, AL.
2000 Spring SE Rally at Amity COE Park, Lanett, AL.
2001 Spring SE Rally at Georgia Veterans State Park, Cordele, GA.
2003 Fall SE Rally at Suwannee River Hideaway, Old Town, FL.
2004 SE Spring Rally, Bean Pot Campground, Crossville, TN.
2006 Fall SE Rally at Skidaway Island Park, Savannah, GA.

I'll get pins for these rallies added to the Google map shortly.

Last evening I added an album for this week's Oro Valley rally.

Meanwhile, I still have a number of photos to be added to various existing albums, and I'll get to those as soon as I can.

Any photos Carson? I don't have any photos from that rally, unless .... I'l go see if any were attached to messages on the rallies board.

Edit: Several folks already provided photos, and they're in the albums. Looks like Lorna also posted photos in the rally report, and I'll get them added.

Yes, several photos were already published in the Rally reports. I was referring to Gary's list for purposes of adding another tack on the map.

Carson,

Gary has Wales West on his 'rally locations' list; I'll be adding those pins shortly.

Edited my prior message to say I found Lorna's photos from the rally.

I took the liberty of re-ordering the albums in the RV Forum Rallies category, so the newest album shows at the top.

I believe I'm caught up with opening new rally albums and adding photos, unless I receive new ones (or they're posted in the forum). If you've sent me photos that do not appear in any of the albums, please PM or email me.

This was a fun project, albeit occasionally a mind bender when I couldn't get dates and locations straight in my head.  We've had some albums in the gallery for several years, but filling in the gaps with photos of additional rallies has been on my to-do list for a long time. Now back to all those other forum-related projects on my list.

A big thanks to all the folks who provided photos and who helped with the names, dates and locations.

Re-iterating a prior comment: In order to give due attribution to the original photographers, if you recognize one or more of your photos, or you know the photographer, please let me know; Be sure to identify the album and photo(s) in your response.

Going forward, I plan to add new albums as photos are posted in rally or event reports;. That should make it relatively painsless to keep the gallery current.

Thanks again for all the help, and please enjoy!

For the benefit of the larger community, I've received and responded privately to a couple of comments/suggestions:

I've received a suggestion that photos be "improved" (e.g. in Photoshop) before they're added to the gallery. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do that, given all the other stuff that takes my time around here. I've made simple fixes to a very small number of photos where the original was tough to see, but I don't plan to edit/fix any photos going forward. So, please take a look at your photos before posting &/or sending them to me; If you think they're of acceptable quality, that's good enough for me, and will probably be good enough for most folks viewing them here.

I've also received a comment regarding the file size of some photos being too large and taking too long to download. Except in a few cases where I re-sized some very large photos, I've essentially uploaded photos at their original size. FWIW the software being used for the gallery automatically creates/stores 3 different sizes of images on the server:

• A thumbnail (the small images you see when you open an album).
  • An intermediate image (which is what you see if you click on a thumbnail).
  • A full size image (which is what you see if you click on an intermediate image).

The current default maximum size for intermediate images is set to 400x500 pixels, which limits the file size for download, and shouldn't be a problem for most users. Anyone wanting to see a larger/full size image has the option to click the intermediate image.

Dear Tom, your message left me in awe. When do you sleep? I think that most of us are extremely thankful for providing this "extra" service that you have provided in this album project.

I am a relative newcomer and have attended only one rally, but was fortunate to contribute to the overall scheme.

For all the other members/readers... I think now is the time to thank Tom for his extraordinary effort to make this forum a pleasurable experience. I have many things going on in my late life but the forum is very important to me. As an "Oldie" I have few folks left to contact... this forum helps a lot.

Just press the "Donate"  button on the home page and do your thing. I just did.

carson FL

A big thanks Carson.

For clarification (in case someone misunderstands your message), all time and effort to do stuff around here is donated freely by the volunteer staff and myself. Nobody gets paid, so it's a labor of love, and it does sometimes feel like we don't get time to sleep. Any and all monetary donations are used exclusively to keep the lights on, and nobody has made a dime from donations since I've been running the forum. I don't ask for money, but any and all donations are welcome, since any shortfall comes out of my pocket.

The 2008 Fall SE rally album is now live and populated. I'll get the individual photo descriptions added when I get a chance. Meanwhile, attribution for the photos is shown on the album cover.

I've opened a new album for the 2009 Quartzsite rally. There are only a few photos there right now (kind of a place holder), but I'll add more later as I extract them from my camera SD card and as I receive new ones from forum members.

Back
Top Bottom