My best Mods - Itasca Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great mods, and a really nice presentation. Thanks for sharing.

Rex - you 'da man!  Thanks for the post!  I am humbled and ashamed since I have not replaced my CRT TV in the salon with an LCD like you have.  I am waiting for the Dow to get back to 10,000  ;D

Rex:

I have been frustrated with the replacement opaque header tank Freightliner installed on our Tradewinds for over a year now. The first chance I get it will receive your solution.

Thanks!

Jeff - Freightliner changed mine out on an M3 service since the original one had a problem.  Rex followed suit at some point later but he did it himself. Now there are two of us (at least) with a Century Class truck surge tank.

The only caveat is you would have to pump coolant into the tank since the cap is on the top with little clearance.  So be it - I'll take my clear tank any day over the original.

Nice work, thanks for sharing. First chance I get I'm changing my blankty blank surge tank. I'm not comfortable with the heating of my utility compartment. I saw a neat mod using a 300 watt 120 volt boot warmer. But haven't come up with a good idea on how to install the warmer in my bay. But your mod would conserve some heat in addition to keeping varmits out.

John

Great work - when are you coming to visit?  I have a few things I would like to do/have done to my Tioga...

Great work on the mods. The TV changeout is one of the best I've seen.
I made the changeout as well but had to use a 26 in. because I added a fireplace.  Someday I'll be forced to change out the surge tank as it's a real nuisance.

Rex...let me know when you are in the Front Range portion of Colorado, so I can hire you to install my flat panel tv.

Sorry, one time is enough for me.  If you are in the Parker, CO area I can point you to the carpenter who cut my cabinet to fit the new LCD.  He did a great job and was very reasonable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom