Photos of members' rigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of our rig. The truck is a 2000 Volvo 660 highway tractor, Volvo 12.1 lt engine, 425 hp and 1550 ft/lbs of torque. I bought it in 2005 with 850,000 miles on it. I converted it to a single axle and had the deck built. It has a 66" bunk on it with a fridge, TV, microwave and coffee maker. I carry a 350 gal water tank and my Polaris 700 Sportsman quad on the deck. The trailer is a 2006 Forest River Canadian sport (see list of mods below), in the 10 ft garage I carry the wifes Polaris 300 Explorer quad, a gas pressure washer, a full size BBQ chain saw ect, ect. And last but not least is my 1994 Jeep YJ. We enjoy random camping in the mountans and go as often as we can. Below is a picture of us in the Crowsnest Pass in Southern Alberta with Crowsnest mountain in the background.

Mods I have done to my 5th wheel :
1) Installed thermopane windows (not offerd from factory)
2) Installed 2nd 35000 btu furnace in garage
3) Installed custom aluminum checkerplate cabnets and cloths hooks in garage
4) Installed 2nd window in garage so I can use it as an office on location when I work
5) Remove standard hide a bed and replace with lazy-boy recliners
6) remove standard 27" TV and replace with 37" Plazma TV
7) Install Cruise TV auto aquire satilite TV system
8 ) Replace 5500 watt Onan Marquies Gold genset with Onan 5500 watt Marquis Platnum fuel injected genset (I had the Platnum in my old trailer)
9) install 3000 watt inverter with 130 amp smart battery charger ( I had an Onan inverter but it was junk)
10) Install 3 100 watt solar pannals with 25 amp charge controller
11) Install 6 Trojan T105 6 volt golf cart battries
12) Install SurFlow 5.5 GPM variable demand water pump
13) Replace factory bed matress with True Form memory foam matress
14) Install 13500 btu air conditioner in bedroom (15000 btu as main AC)
15) Install 12000 btu Olimpic catilitic heater in living area
16) Install Max Air vent covers on all vents
17) install wireless back up camera on rear of trailer (One also on back of truck)
18) Install class 3 hitch and wireing on back of trailer for pulling my Jeep YJ as a towed vehical
19) got rid of those god awfull chinese tires and installed 6 Michlin XPS Rib tires

Attachments

• Image05.jpg
    Image05.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 299
  • 261994068.jpg
    261994068.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 217370115.jpg
    217370115.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 277
Our Keystone Everest in the Texas Hill Country

Attachments

• Concan 2009 020.jpg
    Concan 2009 020.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 234
Tom here is our Gulfstream in Lucksall http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/lucksall.php?height=1050&width=1680

It's between Ross on Wye and Hereford on the Welsh border.

These welsh roads are a lot of fun, although Tanya doesn't enjoy being in the suicide seat when a large lorry comes from the other direction  ::)

Andy

Attachments

• DSC00814.jpg
    DSC00814.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 263
Hi Andy,

I had to think twice about Tanya being in the suicide seat, but then remembered the coach is a wrong-side drive for you. Glad we're not taking our coach down those roads; My wife does almost all the driving, and I'd be sitting next to the oncoming lorries  :eek:

P.S. Check your PMs.

Thanks Andy. Are you trying to make me homesick for the valleys? Last time we camped down the Gower, I was driving a Renault car towing a trailer loaded with a tent and all the gear. Wouldn't want to drive a wrong-side RV down there.

Tom said:
We've opened an album in our photo gallery for photos of forum members' RVs. If you would like to include a photo of your rig, please respond to this message and attach the photo. Please also include in your message a caption you'd like to display beneath the photo when inserted in the gallery.

You can view the gallery by clicking the Photos button in the toolbar above. Here's a direct link to the new album.

Entering Wolf Creek State Park near Findley, Illinois. 

Attachments

• Our Unit at Wolf Creek State Park Entering.JPG
    Our Unit at Wolf Creek State Park Entering.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 228
Thanks Grumpy, I'll get it into the gallery in due course.

NICE rig Grumpy !!

That looks like the same trailer that I'm considering buying.

geodrake said:
Nice looking rig, Grumpy.

Thanks.  Since that picture was taken, I've gotten the nicer wheels for the trailer, and put on the electric jacks on the front and back of the trailer. 

Mr Bojangles said:
Good looking "Rig" Grumpy.....
I'm wondering.... how come trailer looks so close to back of TV? An illusion?

Must be.  I use a equalizer hitch system, standard set up.  Plus, the truck was moving when the picture was taken.  My friend Jim took the picture when I was rolling in.  I did have the air bags set up a bit higher then normal.  Wolf Creek is a state park, and I'm thinking the water tank was full.  No water hook-up at this State Park. 

Oct 5, 2009, Old Faithful, Yelllowstone, WY.

Just saying...

Oct 6, 2009, overnight low 12 deg,  My water from the spigot works. 

Attachments

• IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 261
PancakeBill said:
Oct 5, 2009, Old Faithful, Yelllowstone, WY.

Just saying...

Oct 6, 2009, overnight low 12 deg,  My water from the spigot works. 

You sir, are a much better person then I.  I spent 4 years in the army, and I told my wife when we started camping that #1, no tents, #2, no sleeping bags or air rafts, and, #3, if the weather gets bad, then I'm going home. 

You should be the #1 vote in the RVer of the year award.  You have my vote. 

Well, one more week.  Thento FL.  Does that lose your vote? 

We are having a great time, and I thought I was free from snow when we moved from the northeast to the south.  However, the opportunity to be here in Yellowstone since May has been priceless.  Well worth the few days of cold weather.  Besides, I wanted to get some pictures of Yellowstone in the snow.  Hopefully the weather stays cold the next couple days, we are off and it will give me a chancce to get shots of the elk in the snow.

PancakeBill said:
Well, one more week.  Thento FL.  Does that lose your vote? 

Nope.  You are camping in the snow.  You are the Man.

My sister lives in Clermont Florida.  Have a safe trip. 

My rig at Blanding OR at sunset. I really like the light color as it hides the dirt. I hope to find a Blue Beacon in Calif.

Attachments

• 20091005_Blanding_su_752496.jpg
    20091005_Blanding_su_752496.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 256
Oops, I got sidetracked with some software updates. The newest photos are now in our photo gallery. Click the Photos button above and click on the Forum Members' RVs album.

If anyone else wishes to have a photo of their rig included, just attach it to a reply here. We're limiting this album to one photo per rig, so pick your favorite shot. If you own or have owned more than one rig, you get to include one photo of each rig. Include a description of the rig and, ideally, the location of the photo.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom