Photos of members' rigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill & Jolene Whetstone's 1197 Southwind 37P at Old Faithful, Yelllowstone

I have to admit, it looks pretty good for an 1197. 

How about 1997 Southwind 35P.  ;)

Ofcourse,is entirely appropriate for my description to have typos. 

That's what I get for doing this stuff at 2.30am. Got it fixed Bill.

We bought this 2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40X in New Hampshire in December (2008) and drove it home to Central Florida. It's parked in a 55+ community while I wait for retirement (January 1st). Until then we are getting used to living in an RV (as well as getting the warranty bugs worked out). We have dumped the stick and brick and are chomping at the bit to get on the road. I spent the last 39 + years working for the Navy. It?s time?

George & Dee & Boots and DK
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40X
2007 Honda CR-V

Attachments

• At TA Travel Center in South Carolina.JPG
    At TA Travel Center in South Carolina.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Just a waitin'.JPG
    Just a waitin'.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 185
Hi George

Great looking unit.  Don't wait an extra day for retirement, I pulled the pin 7 years ago and it's the best job I've ever had.

Happy trails

Dale.

We have not purchased our tt yet, but sure am enjoying looking at everyone else's.  Glad you started this photo album. The sights are out of this world!  The USA is one pretty place.

Debbie
Canton, MS
"The City of Lights"

deb hardee said:
We have not purchased our tt yet, but sure am enjoying looking at everyone else's.  Glad you started this photo album. The sights are out of this world!  The USA is one pretty place.

Debbie
Canton, MS
"The City of Lights"

I take a picture of every place we have been with our unit.  A picture of the trailer in the site, and a picture of the campground sign.  During the winter, I can look at everyplace we have been. 

I have attached a photo of our first motohome, Smokey 1. It was a 1994 HR Imperial diesel, 36ft.

The photo is from ebay where it sold recently. I know it is our original rig because it has an extra 12" added to the kitchen which we had HR change, the counter top is raised by an inch and a half (I removed the countertop and added 1 1/2 in oak trim stained to match to raise it) and the booth dinette is cut back to be 8" narrower so we could have a wider aisle. These all show in the ebay pictures along with other changes we made. This involve cutting a seat belt bolt at the plywood where it was in a shallow hole in the hardwood flooring. The I had to amke a custom patch to fill the hardwood. I got the wood from HR. Never could see the patch.

Attachments

• !BZT2cmg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKmDh1nb+!~~_3.jpg
    !BZT2cmg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKmDh1nb+!~~_3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 177
Ok! Here is a picture of our oldie but faithful "Winnie Beanie"in our back yard.

Attachments

• Winnie4.jpg
    Winnie4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 178
Those photos have been added to our photo gallery, thanks.

This isn't so much about the rig, but where it is.

There are a few reasons they discourage RV's from Yosemite Creek Campground. Mainly the road (logging trail?) going in/out and the extremely close proximity of the trees.

Joe

Attachments

• Yosemite Creek.gif
    Yosemite Creek.gif
    191 KB · Views: 297
Wayne, maybe I should wait until the shock has worn off and repairs are underway  ???

[quote author=1joester2]This isn't so much about the rig, but where it is.[/quote]

Thanks Joe. I'd encourage folks to snap pictures of their rig in great surroundings.

You folks have some real beauties.

Here is some pictures of our oldies!!

We have 2 1983 Silver Streaks 34'11"

and now my

1991 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL

The one Silver had been cleaned up, the other was next in line.

We have work to do on both to use them.  One is going to have new paneling put in the living room and I have my handyman living in it right now.  He is putting up a fence next week in lieu of rent, then is starting on the paneling.  That is the one of the interior picture.

Attachments

• Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 001.JPG
    Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 001.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 002.JPG
    Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 002.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 004.JPG
    Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 004.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 005.JPG
    Silver Streak Travel Trailers 1983 005.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Orlando Vacation 085.JPG
    Orlando Vacation 085.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 189
Here's what hubby tows the Silvers with at times.  A Lincoln is as you know a glorified Ford.  But this one has a greater towing capacity.  However, if he would tow them more he would get a bigger truck.

By the way, that's MINE ;D, has about 36k miles on it and is a 2006.  He is home so seldom, he is keeping the 2001 till he retires, only puts about 3k on it a year.

:-[  Forgot to post the picture.

Attachments

• Pictures of replacement pieces 004.JPG
    Pictures of replacement pieces 004.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 210
Nice photos, thanks. I'll get them up in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom