Shower leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rankjo

OK, today I think I fixed the shower leak. This leak has stained the headliner all the way aft of the shower to the bedroom.

The problem was a crack in the shower overhead. I searched for it before, but didnt find it
Today I took the interior off the shower and the crack in the EXTERIOR was so obvious that I couldn't bellieve itl.

Obviously, the guy who put the shower dome in put the corner screw in too tight, and broke the dome aroung the screw hole.

So I took the interior dome off, and repaired the ourside dome with caulk on the crack on the dome.
Then I repaired the inside of the crack,
Then I replaced the inside dome.

Easy, easy,

Rankjo.

Glad you found and repaired the leak.  I would suggest using Eternabond over all the caulking to make the repair permanent.

Glad you cured a problem - I hate leaks, so that's a sweet feeling  8)  Eternabond is a great sealant, but it is permanent for the most part (not necessarily a bad thing!) I like Dicor for sealing roof-mounted stuff - if you need to remove a whatever, it's not a big deal with Dicor.

Actually, I am most impressed with the sealant Winnebago uses, whatever that is. This is an 01 and none of the caulk has shown signs of failure, except the sides of the roof itself (where the amount of caulk compared with the 'challenge to say solid' is many times higher than round the roof objects).

My leak wasn't a caulk failure, it was a cracked shower dome.

Ron did you say put eternabond tape OVER  the caulk?

Rankjo

rankjo said:
Ron did you say put eternabond tape OVER  the caulk?

As I understand your post the crack was in the edge around the screw hole.  In that case I would defiantly cover the caulking with Eternabond.  I have covered the caulking on our roof, including around the skylight over the shower, with Eternabond.

Glad you found the leak - I hate to have leaks, but that seems to be part of the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom